Mana Tombs - Auchindoun

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Mana Tombs is the next instance our guild will be doing and is located in the Terokkar Forest.

Mana Tombs is a lvl 64-68 instance, is relatively short with difficult and interesting boss encounters, and has crazy awesome drops. Not to mention, the mobs look insanely cool.

I have school Friday morning, but I would love to run through this instance with anyone who fits the class and level requirements Friday night. I get home from work at about 9pm server.

I know Quantam and Walla are always interested in going, but please sign up here and we'll see if we can take a number of groups through.

I went lastnight on Osirys and got the Wand off Pandemonium. Its a very cool instance and if you need DPS, send me a tell.

Besides what should be a fairly short and sweet Ony run I'd love to hit this instance for however long you can stand me!

I'm only level 63 at the moment, but I do have a good amount of nature resist gear stashed away in the bank so I might be able to stay up long enough for you to take down the bosses.

I'm game, if you've got room.

I'm 63 now, but also respecced last night. I'd been Demo specced since first rolling this character, and wanted to get a feel for the other trees. I finally used my 1g respec last night and am now 41/2/11 Affliction specced. Demo 'locks get talents that strengthen their pets, decrease their squishiness, increase damage dealt, and are the only ones that can get the Felguard pet. Affliction 'locks get more and stronger DoTs, instacast DoTs, extended range on their Affliction spells, more health leeching, instant AE fear, mana recovery, and such.

I went from this (2/41/11)

to this (41/2/11)

It's going to play very differently. I toyed around with it last night for a while in the Orc camp just east of the Temple in HFP. With Demo I'd send in my pet, maybe Curse of Agony or Curse of Shadows, depending on how long I expected the fight to last, and then spam Shadowbolts. If there was an add, I'd DoT it and either fear it away until I wanted to deal with it, or just let the Felguard tank it. With Affliction, I was sending the Succy into a camp of 3-4 61s-62s, hitting them all with 3 DoTs, and drain tanking while the pet beat on them from behind. Most of the time, I dropped the whole camp in just a few seconds more than it used to take me to drop 1 with Demo. I like it! However, my single target DPS is going to suffer, and in quick fights my DoTs just won't last long enough to make it worth casting more than 1-2. I'm also squishier with only 2 points in DE (my 2 points in Demo, +6% STA -2% SPI) and no Soul Link (20% of the damage I take goes to the pet instead of me, and we both do 5% more damage). However, I now have an instant cast AE fear, instead of having to try to get off a 1.5 sec fear while 4 mobs (or Horde) are beating on me, so it's easier to say GET AWAY FROM ME NOW! I don't think I ever had a mob get back to me after fearing them before they died (probably out of a sample size of 3-4 times on -1 and -2 levelled mobs).

It's going to be fun figuring out how to maximize these new talents and strengths - that's part of the game that I really enjoy. What I wanted to let you know, though, before dragging me to a 64-68 instance is that I'm back in learning mode, and am not sure how the whole instance thing will go at first. With the way Tebran holds aggro, I could see my DPS actually going up a fair bit, as in a 4 pull, I can have 4-5 nasty DoTs ticking away on all the mobs simultaneously, and then dropping Rain of Fire on their heads for good measure. ;) In single pulls, though, I will likely languish behind the damage I was doing before, as I lost several talents that upped the damage on my Shadowbolts. I can still spam them just as quickly, but each one does less damage now.

Anyway, all that's to say that I'm interested, but in the interest of full disclosure wanted to let you know that I"m back in 'student' mode.

First boss does only shadow damage, unless you hit him while his green shield is up. He hits for 700-1k normal shadow damage swings with 1-2k AoE bombs which he can do up to 3 in a row of. Plate makes no difference, only HP and shadow resistance. So a priest could even tank :D

I'm going to try and make the Ony run, but any time after that I'd definitely love to do this. I'm level 64 right now, should be 65 by the time we do this.

So i missed a B. I was at work! :p

nohw nohw, if u r gohing to pihck ohn evrybodie elsas speiling, be prapered too hav it dawn bak two yu. :D

(If your intelligence level decreased by 1 to 4 points after reading the above sentance, you win. 5 or more points, I win. If your intelligence level increased at all, I'm sorry, there may be no help for you.)

nohw nohw, if u r gohing to pihck ohn evrybodie elsas speiling, be prapered too hav it dawn bak two yu. :D

(If your intelligence level decreased by 1 to 4 points after reading the above sentance, you win. 5 or more points, I win. If your intelligence level increased at all, I'm sorry, there may be no help for you.)

AHHHHHHH!!! Too...many....spelling....mistakes.... /dies X_x

Back