• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Corpfox

I have a Performance PC Magazine, and saw a Mac 5x better than any PC...

Power Mac G5
$4,199.00
Dual 2.5GHz PowerPC G5
1.25GHz frontside bus/processor
512MB DDR400 SDRAM
Expandable to 8GB SDRAM
160GB Serial ATA
8x SuperDrive
3 PCI-X slots
ATI Radeon 9600 XT
128MB DDR video memory
56K internal modem

3 PCI-X slots! Expandable to 8GB RAM!
wow.gif

I still like PC cause 25% of games are compatible to Mac, which is not very good.
I was into Mac before, thought Mac was the only Computer in the world...guess not.

But those specs can hold 3 PCI-X video cards and have a sheer amounts of Ram!

I find that Mac is much more reliable and hacker free, but the good thing about PC's is that EVERYTHING is made for PC's rather than Macs... null vote.
biggrin.gif

Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

If you want to play games = PC
If you want security from hackers and virus, better integration with external devices and lickable program interfaces = Mac

...but that's only because PC's are the most popular platform out there in homes and in businesses. Much like how Firefox is being toted as a more secure browser than IE, but that's only 'cuz nobody's decided to take a crack at hacking Firefox because the vast majority of people out there don't use it. (Might also have to do with the fact that Firefox isn't as integrated into the OS as IE is, but I digress...)

Play games? PC. Edit video, make music? Mac.

BUT, buy both mac AND pc? that is insane. if you are unpoverished enuff, buy a pc with all the bells and whistles (not upgrades, but NORTON INTERNET SECURITY!) it has firewall and is EXCELLENT at blocking ALMOST anything... It said while i was playing cs, a trojan horse was tryign to access internet... never knew, we deleted ALL adaware... 0.0 wake up call for me and my family...
biggrin.gif
Norton will save your butt from adaware... full sys scan... keeps ranting...

Mac is not cool, it's like they're trying to be different for the sake of being different. I say get a PC and make it a dual boot with Windows and Linux.

Who makes Apple computers?
Apple Corporation.

Who makes the ONLY operating system you can find on an Apple computer?
Apple Corporation.

Who excludes the majority of developers with their hostile third-party policies?
Apple Corporation.

The only time an Apple will be better than a PC is if you are in the fields of electronic music or sound design. Some of the best applications for these purposes are Mac-only. Anything else, stick with a PC.

Apple is communist. The only Apple product I will give my approval of is an iPod, and that's only because it works with Windows. And that means that Apple is hypocritical for taking advantage of the PC world's rules while setting different ones for their own selves.

If you want a stable, extremely hacker-resistant OS, that, in addition, is FREE, check out FreeBSD. It doesn't come hacker-proof, but it's so customizable that you, the intrepid user, and master of your own OS, should be able to make it so. If you can't, it's your own danged fault for not learning how, as the information is freely available. The best defense from hackers is knowledge of how to defeat them. And what good is that knowledge if your crappy OS doesn't let you apply it? Sure, I use Windows for gaming, but my laptop (before it broke) ran on FreeBSD. I never had any complaints, except the battery life, which is, of course, not the OS's fault.

You know why Macs are considered to be much safer than a PC? It's not because Apple is better with security issues. It's because nobody wants to write viriuses for Macs, because there aren't enough of them to achieve self-sustaining circulation. Most virus writers do what they do for the notoriety and thrill of it. Therefore, they want maximum circulation. So, they design the virus to be self-replicating, like a parasite that feeds on computers, to make an analogy. But to sustain a parasite population, there must be a ready supply of hosts. There just aren't enough Macs out there to make viruses for Macs any fun for the boneheads who write viruses. All the viruses die out for lack of hosts.

Hmm....this question I am quite often torn on.

To do stuff for my major, ie Video editing, graphics editing, I generally would go with a Mac

but I own PCs because that's well, the easiest to do an all-around computer-type job with

Laf, there's no way a Mac can put up as much pure power as a top of the line PC. I like Macs don't get me wrong, I would've gotten a powerbook if anything ran on it
tounge.gif
, but proprietary hardware that only one company controls the development of will never be able to compete in the same fashion as open enviroment.

Macs are good at what they do best, content creation (movies, graphics, etc.), because the hardware is designed to play to those strong suits. They take the AMD approach about downplaying the actual speed of their processors, but anytime I've ever read a performance comparison between a Mac and a PC the Mac always gets smoke, even when doing Mac strong activities. Mac is sort of like Palm where they were the big bad kids on the block for a long time, but now because of their refusla/inability to deviate from what they've always done, they're getting hurt for it as their competitors who aren't proprietary innovate and change. Obviously Palm still holds a good bit of market share but it's not what it was, and they're not really in the trouble that Apple is.

Besides think of the best Apple products of the last several years, it's the iPods, their high quality LCD monitors, the airPort, things of that nature. Would it really surprise anybody to see Apple give up the computer game in a few years, stick to making high quality peripherals that function wonderfully, look great, and are well designed? As succesful as the iPod already was it wasn't anything compared to what it is before they made it compatible with the PC. Just think about the success they could have if they made their products available to everyone in every Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. They wouldn't have to charge these outlandish prices because they sold so few compared to similar products, and they could easily dominate the market. If I walk into a store looking to buy an LCD monitor and Apple's was of a competitive price, the design would win over whatever people weren't taken by the quality.

What would the point of a hybrid be? For starters that would sort of make it a PC to begin with, and then what operating system would it run since nothing supports both proccesors?

Not sure where the purpose is in that still when you could just have a pc and a mac sitting next to each other and the little switcher thing to control which computer the monitor/mouse/keyboard/speakers/etc. are active on. Plus you wouldn't be paying $900 for a tiny pile of junk.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Plus you wouldn't be paying $900 for a tiny pile of junk.

$900 for a Pentium 4, 3.2 GHz, YEAH SURE!

Wow, people make things smaller and smaller.
smile.gif

Features:

Full Featured Small PC in the Palm of your Hand
POWERFUL PENTIUM 4 up to 3.2GHz with 800MHz FSB
Fully support Intel Hyper Threading Technology
2D/3D AGP VIDEO w/16x9 Capability
LAN, USB, Firewire, Audio, Serial, Video - All On Board
Rugged Extruded Aluminium Chassis - takes Vibration, Shock & Heat
Built-in CD-ROM or optional DVD or CD/RW
Solid State Hard Drives (Flash) optional
Compatible with WIN 9X/NT/2000/XP, Linux etc.

Dimensions: 10" x 5.82" x 2.79"
LPC-401X Manual

No thank you drugs are bad, they make people want to do crazy things like build hybrid Macs. Just say no to drugs kids, because once they start talkin to you that's when you have a problem.
biggrin.gif

Back