M$ to open retail stores

My problem with it is that they lay off 5000 people, then they open stores...that's dumb...How big of a idiot do you have to be to take away 5000 people's income, then blow a whole lot of money on something not necessary...

Sorry for my bluntness and aggravation with this, it is just I have been laid off and our government wouldn't give me one cent... And I feel really bad for people that get laid off, and I cannot stand companies that lay people off, then go spend a whole lot of money on something that isn't necessary...

Note: for goodness sakes, no flaming.
I can't imagine a thread about Microsoft opening retail stores ending any other way.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

I can't imagine a thread about Microsoft opening retail stores ending any other way.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

I think what I wrote could be considered flaming, but it wasn't really against MS products, just against what they did...

My problem with it is that they lay off 5000 people, then they open stores...that's dumb...How big of a idiot do you have to be to take away 5000 people's income, then blow a whole lot of money on something not necessary...

Sorry for my bluntness and aggravation with this, it is just I have been laid off and our government wouldn't give me one cent... And I feel really bad for people that get laid off, and I cannot stand companies that lay people off, then go spend a whole lot of money on something that isn't necessary...

Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money? Don't forget opening those stores will create jobs too. From the carpenters building the stores to the sales people to cleaning people... Now, with a company like Microsoft though, they could've easily carried those people financially until the stores were up. But on the other hand, maybe they already have been getting carried and they're just fortunate they weren't laid off 4 months ago...

I was laid off a week before Christmas, without notice, and told I would receive unemployment... There was a mistake with what they reviewed, so they will not give me unemployment... I have a wife, and 2 kids...and where I live, even 5 years ago not much was hiring, so you can imagine how it is now... because of what I went through, I will feel differently about getting laid off...

Times are quite now days and theres no excuse for poor business ethics. At this point in time, investments are needed to help stir things up and provide what can be, Although this topic has taken a different turn than my original expectations, I think it could be said from an economic standpoint, M$ is extremely foolish however they are going to be somewhat aiding what area those stores open up by
stores will create jobs too. From the carpenters building the stores to the sales people to cleaning people

Xion i did not know you were married and had kids though and my prayers are with you in finding a job.

Times are quite now days and theres no excuse for poor business ethics. At this point in time, investments are needed to help stir things up and provide what can be, Although this topic has taken a different turn than my original expectations, I think it could be said from an economic standpoint, M$ is extremely foolish however they are going to be somewhat aiding what area those stores open up by

Xion i did not know you were married and had kids though and my prayers are with you in finding a job.

Thank you...I am sorry for throwing this off course...

I think MS having stores would actually be neat...however, I am not sure what they would be selling... Windows and Zunes?

Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money? Don't forget opening those stores will create jobs too. From the carpenters building the stores to the sales people to cleaning people... Now, with a company like Microsoft though, they could've easily carried those people financially until the stores were up. But on the other hand, maybe they already have been getting carried and they're just fortunate they weren't laid off 4 months ago...

a lot of the layoffs that were going on *were* targeted, groups were shuffled around and some non-performers were shown the door. there are always *some* good people that get caught up in the mix, but now is also a good time to trim some dead weight from the books.

Thank you...I am sorry for throwing this off course...

I think MS having stores would actually be neat...however, I am not sure what they would be selling... Windows and Zunes?

Windows, Zunes, Xboxes, Software, Tables, and Windows7

My friend got me a windows 7 ultimate beta key, I love it.

*Coughs*
I wonder how this will work...if there's one in my area, dependin on various factors, I may just go to work there instead of where I am. This will be interesting.

it's typical for MS. Right now the only things making money are windows and office..everything else is a money looser. This is MS trying to counter apple.

Back