Looking for some good Xbox games..

Sir_Ryan

I just bought an Xbox a few weeks back, and I'm at a loss of what games to buy. Can you guys help me out? I'm sure someone will mention Halo, and I've already got Knights of the Old Republic, for starters.

Thanks!

Halo...

Ummm, dont get full spectrum warrior, its completely unrealistic and they use the F--word more then any other word, alot of magazines say its a simulator and the Amr yuses it but all over the game it says "The ARMY does NOT endorse this game" lol.

Baldures gate on the xbox is cool...

And Morrowind IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!
Plus theres no cursing or magic in it, theres somethign called magicka but it doesnt resemble satanic magic at all.

Ehh.....Morrowind....

It didn't do well on the review (only 2/10 for appropriateness)....

Here are some good games:

Halo
Burnout 3 (Expensive right now, but probably the best racing game I have ever played...anyone with a pulse will like it)
Star Wars Battlefront
Project Gotham Racing 2 (Good for realistic racers)
MechAssault (the classic that started it all)
Crimson Skies (good flying game)

Have fun!

If you like RPG's then you will definately love KOTOR.

If you get Morrowind, make sure to get the Game of the Year addition, it has the expansions in it.

Fable is a must, although there are some issues if you're sensitive to that. The game is spectacular, but unfinished. This game is a rental.

SW: Battlefront is great, but ONLY if you have LIVE! It gets thin quickly if you don't.

If you want football, get ESPN'S NFL 2k4, it's the best of the bunch.

Let me know what genre you're interested in and I can recommend more.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 30 2004,6:09)]And Morrowind IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!
Plus theres no cursing or magic in it, theres somethign called magicka but it doesnt resemble satanic magic at all.
Magicka IS magic.

There are tons of spells in the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its not magic. Its not even this universe.... how can you call it magic?

How can you call Harry Potter Magic?  It's not of this universe
smile.gif

I refer to "magic" in Morrowind because Bethesda calls it magic!

Look at this link.  Notice what the heading of the page is?  MAGIC ARTS.  They include Enchant, Alteration, Destruction, Illusion, Conjuration, Mysticism, Restoration, Alchemy and Unarmored.

Sorry Byblos, it's MAGIC, and it's always BEEN magic.

Do you have issues with religion in Morrowind?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]POLITICS AND RELIGION: Vvardenfell District's Grand Council, presided over by the sovereign Lord Vedam Dren, Duke of Ebonheart and Vvardenfell, is dominated by five interest groups: the three Great Houses, the Temple, and the Imperial colonists. The Temple and House Redoran are champions of ancient Dunmer customs and privileges, and uncompromising and intolerant worshippers of the native religion call the Tribunal Temple, which venerates three immortal god-kings -- Lord Vivec, Lord Sotha Sil, and Lady Almalexia. The Imperial colonists and House Hlaalu find common cause in their shared tastes for progress, tolerant polytheism, free trade, and vigorous exploitation of Vvardenfell's untapped resources. The policies of House Telvanni's sorcerer-lords are completely unpredictable, whimsically allying with or opposing one faction or another for their own obscure reasons.

The main quest is to destroy this god, Lord Vivic isn't it?

Lor Vivec s a false God who uses an artifact to draw his strength from. hes a normal person, just using an artifact....

Morrowind is a different universe which doesnt even have space. Around the plants is oblivion where the deadra live. Its not Earthly at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Sep. 30 2004,9:48)]Lor Vivec s a false God who uses an artifact to draw his strength from. hes a normal person, just using an artifact....

Morrowind is a different universe which doesnt even have space. Around the plants is oblivion where the deadra live. Its not Earthly at all.
Harry Potter is just a book/movie, but plenty of Christians have problems with it.

No comments on the fact that magic IS in Morrowind?

Magic isnt... because it doesnt come form satan because satan doesnt exist there...

I dont know anything about harry potter.

"Its not magic. Its not even this universe.... how can you call it magic?"

What?!  I answered this question IMPLICITLY and showed you that magic was in the game and was named MAGIC by the developers.

And you're telling me it's NOT magic?  It's LABELED magic.  It's MAGIC.  The MAGIC in the game is comprised of SPELLS.  You need REAGENTS in the game to cast SPELLS.

Magic is defined as "the use of means (as charms or spells) believed to have supernatural power over natural forces" and "an extraordinary power or influence seemingly from a supernatural source".

Its described as magic... how else could they explain it? No one in the game calls it magic.

You dont use raegents you use mana.....

It isnt a supernatural force in that universe, its completely natural.

So you're fine with magic in Harry Potter? In Dungeons and Dragons?

Byblos, IT IS MAGIC. If it's not magic then what is it? The developers could have called it whatever they wanted, but they chose to call it what it is, MAGIC. Magicka=Magic, it's the same thing with a cute little name.

You're right about the reagents, it's been a while since I played Morrowind, the reagents are for Alchemy, not spellcasting.

So you conclude that the magic is ok in Morrowind because it's completely "natural"? Please explain how you came to that conclusion. Does this also mean that Wiccan magic is acceptable to you since it is a Nature based system of magic?

Are there any issues with Halo, like cursing, bad scenes, etc? I know there's blood and all, and is that overdone, or kept to a minimum?

thnx

I don't remember any cursing that was memorable in Halo. No "bad" scenes either.

There are bloodier games out there. Halo doesnt' rely on blood and guts.

Keep in mind that Halo 2 will be out soon. ;)

Halo had random cursing in it (b******, b****, etc...nothing too horrible)..otherwise, it's really awesome.

Halo is cool and soon Halo 2,  Project gotham racing 2 is a good game.  Yes, dont get Full spetrum warrior, i got it and i dont cuss and wow, i stopped playing it after the 2nd mission, f-bomb here f-bomb there, it has baaaaaddddd cussing.  If you like mech warrior games then Mech assualt is good, if you really like mech warrior games you can get Steel Battalion like i have, but be careful it costs $300+ For first person shooters, halo is really the only good 1, i have metal gear solid 2, max pain, 007 nightfire, and a few others.  Conflict desert storm 2:back to bahgdad isnt bad either.

Yeah, dont let your teammates get shot, thats when they cuss the most.

Talon

Back