LOE TS3-Mumble Poll

Should Legacy of Elijah use Team Speak 3 or Mumble?

• Team Speak 3

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Mumble

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • No Preference

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
There has been a lot of questions and issues over the TS3/Mumble option during BWE, and it is time to take a serious poll and have a discussion about this. I am an SOE officer, and nominally a LOE officer for now, and as such I was on both systems several times this weekend, and as far as sound quality the difference seemed nil to me. Then again I have hearing issues. Notice I have not put this in the form of TS vs Mumble, it is not an us and them issue. It is simply trying to find a common communication ground by next BWE. So as you discuss this let's play nice and remember we are brothers and sisters in Christ and that should be our main focus, how do we function as part of the body of Christ.

I haven't used Mumble, although I've just downloaded it, and haven't used TS in a couple years, so don't really have a particular opinion either way. I apparently have missed out on a bit of drama in this area, though, which is just fine by me. It seems an awfully silly thing to get all torqued at our brothers and sisters about.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm willing to go along with whatever option works for all.

I don't think anyone is getting mad over this topic ( but i could be wrong), just wanting clarification and unity, as well as the bigger push to have one CGA voice chat solution. I think the attitudes that are drama related are on other issues most of them specific to the Facebook group.

Last edited:
I didn't see it as drama. I was on Mumble at first but no one was in the GW2 channel (I later was told everyone was up in the ToJ channel), so I switched to TS since I know most of those folks from the two years playing GW with them. There did seem to be at least one person on FB that is very much anti-Mumble.

I like both TS and Mumble. Both are clear with relatively low latency (unlike Vent!).

My main concern is that if we vote for Mumble and some people still have trouble getting it up and going, what do we do? I think it's important to address that.

I find it very hard to believe that the problems can't be fixed if they work with a tech support person. I will gladly help.

If you can get Guild Wars 2 installed, you can get Mumble installed and working.

I am a tech support type of person, and I can't get it working. It crashes when it's opened, and from what I've read online, that's a common issue with no known fix.

I also have to say I'm rather disappointed that it seems like the decision was announced in a couple of places without giving everyone time to vote. I just got home from work. Please give everyone a chance to respond before making a decision.

Ishy, the VOIP program is tentative right now. I merely put that information out there so people know what is going on, but I was sure to intentially say that it was not finalized.

I also do not like mumble. It just doesn't have as many features as TS3, like a volume control. The controls were awkward and the audio wizard is very confusing. I did eventually get it up and running but what can we do if someone in the channel is very very loud as opposed to everyone else in the channel. We have no way to "turn them down".

When I asked this before, I was told that the loud person should just adjust their audio wizard and it will work out, but what if that person doesn't want to do that or can't figure out how like I couldn't?

Anyways with that being said, I understand that money is also an issue. How much does it cost to maintain a TS3 server each year? How much does it cost to maintain a mumble server? I think that's something that should be factored in.

Where do you download mumble

Hi

Where do you go to download mumble. Since I have not tried it, it is kinda hard to vote.

I really like TS3 and find it hard to think that another option would be better.

Thanks
Fire

I too prefer Mumble, Sorry guys but my computer runs better in game with mumble then it does with any other chat system and I have used them all.

Thanks Abba,

I have been able to get logged in. I don' think the sound quality is a good. I am hearing a lot of static when other users talk? Any suggestions on how to get rid of that?

Will try to use it on Tuesday instead of TS3 before I vote.

Thanks
Fire Walker

Yeah, Fire Walker. I have the same problem with Mumble. May just be my machine, but it is the only machine I have.

Augclif is the only one I hear anything on. I hear a clicking in his backgrounds but other then that its normally clear.

--> Mumble Setup Guide
If every Mumble user does the setup correctly, then there should be no loud people.
Also unless you're using a webcam, then the distance that the mic is away from your mouth will also change how loud the voice will be.
So if a person is loud then politely ask them to back the mic away from their mouth, if they don't then you can always mute them by right clicking on their name and clicking local mute. And then if they want to be heard then they'll be forced to back away from the mic, other wise they won't be heard by those who have that person muted..

When there was a troll in TS3 and no admins were on, I told the people in the channel to just mute him for themselves and the troll eventually went away..

Last edited:
Back