Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Scavenger’s Causeway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moladune

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Alright, since there is no difference on what server we play on as far as RP/PvP/PvE, etc. a poll is perfect to decide the home for LoE. Let the people choose I say! However, there are a couple things to consider. Ewok's has posted a link where some big groups will be playing. It is my personal opinion to avoid those servers as they will bring a level of competitivness and attraction that I think we should avoid. Plus we can make a name for ourselves if we aren't shadowed by some of these other groups. On the flip side, it might be nice to have some of those groups on our side for WvWvW. With that in mind I'll open it up to discussion and votes!

I have narrowed down some of the options, since there are more than 10, if a server is not listed that you really want to make a case for, feel free to post and we'll see what we can do.

Here is the complete list of servers:
•Anvil Rock
•Borlis Pass
•Yak’s Bend
•Henge of Denravi
•Maguuma
•Sorrow’s Furnace
•Kaineng
•Jade Quarry
•Fort Aspenwood
•Ehmry Bay
•Ferguson’s Crossing
•Darkhaven
•Vasburg
•Eredon Terrace
•Crystal Desert
•Tarnished Coast
•Steamspur Mountains
•Blazeridge Mountains
•Isle of Janthir
•Sea of Sorrows
•Deldrimor
•Scavenger’s Causeway
•Moladune
•Eternal Grove

someone pointed on facebook that Blazeridge Mountains would be a good pick seeing as how the Lord did set a mountain a blaze, if you will, to prove that Elijah was correct and that God YHVH is The True God.

With that in mind vote for Blazeridge Mountains!

someone pointed on facebook that Blazeridge Mountains would be a good pick seeing as how the Lord did set a mountain a blaze, if you will, to prove that Elijah was correct and that God YHVH is The True God.

With that in mind vote for Blazeridge Mountains!

I like this! ^ :)

I voted for a more empty server, Ehmry Bay, because it might give us more elbow room to learn. Of course with this big a game that point may be moot at first.

I voted for a more empty server, Ehmry Bay, because it might give us more elbow room to learn. Of course with this big a game that point may be moot at first.

Plus you want a lot of people around you to learn, because everything about this game is based on more people = better

Okay, I like the connotations of Eternal Grove and Blazeridge Mtns.

It would seem more effective to stay away from servers that will be largely non-English... which it sounds like Kaineng and Deldrimor might be.

I would also think it would be nicer to avoid neighborhoods that might have a higher probability to attract an unsavory chat element. I'm going out on a limb here, but I think we should probably avoid 4chan in Anvil Rock (?) Do we feel the same about Reddit in Darkhaven? I could be totally wrong on this.

I think whatever we do, we should be open to adjusting before the game actually goes live. I'm hoping that Arenanet will have some more clarity about language designated servers by then.

(Summary: I vote Eternal Grove, but will be perfectly happy on Blazeridge Mtns... assuming the stoners from /r/trees aren't too problematic.)

Though call. If we are looking for a solid WvW server (meaning we have a good chance of winning and getting the bonuses) then we may want to consider a more populated server.

With that said this is Beta and as with all Betas' nothing is permanent. Plus, we can also "go guesting" in other servers. Just no WvW with them.

US Worlds
Anvil Rock - 4chan /vg/, Facepunch
Borlis Pass - OMFGcata
Yak’s Bend - Guernsey Milking Coalition (MiLK), GameTrailers, Yogcast, Kinda Ferocious, ZAM, GW2 Guru
Henge of Denravi - NeoGAF, Guild Wars Reporter,
Maguuma - MMORPG.com, Aureus Knights, Knights of Eminence, Better Late Than Never, Sages' Lost Intrigues
Sorrow’s Furnace - (DAoC Vets), VexX Gaming (PvP), Hearts of Chaos (PvX),GuildMag, Kabal, GWDen.com, Arena Junkies, Perfect in Theory (PvP), Descendants of Honor (PvX), Guild Wars Insider
Kaineng- (Asian Guilds) Thai Alliance
Jade Quarry - PVP, Decisive Action (PvP), Lion's Arch Radio/Blue Isle
Fort Aspenwood - RMA Clan (PVP), Penny Arcade
Ehmry Bay
Ferguson’s Crossing
Darkhaven - Reddit (main), Reddit WvW, Oceanic alt, Almost Famous (PvP), Gamebreaker
Vasburg - joO Binder (PvP)
Eredon Terrace -(Québec/French Canadian)
Crystal Desert - (SouthEast Asia)forums.hardwarezone.com.sg
Tarnished Coast - Unofficial Roleplaying server, The Gentlemen's Club, rpg.net
Steamspur Mountains -Dragon Chasers
Blazeridge Mountains - The Gaming Ent, /r/trees
Isle of Janthir - Boons & Conditions
Sea of Sorrows - SomethingAwful, (Oceanic), (Downunder/AUS/NZ), (South East Asia) The Australian Cybergamer, Harlequin, Aurora Australis, Yakisoba, Aggroculture
Deldrimor - (Latin American)La Hermandad, (Spanish) GuildWars2-Online.com
Scavenger’s Causeway
Moladune
Eternal Grove - Sea of Stars & Star Onions, Tribe Gaming

Last edited:
I like the sound of Eternal Grove. Reminds me of Eden - Paradise.

Blazeridge Mountains would be my second choice.

No guarentees, but since tomorrow is the first BWE, I try and record the tally's of this poll by midnight tonight for records. Unless Blazeridge Mountains makes a huge comeback within the next few hours, everyone that is planning on playing the BWE this weekend and would like to play with LoE members, play in the Eternal Grove server. For the BWE's we might switch it up and try out Blazeridge next weekend. Given a few more days for the poll we can designate a 1, 2, 3 option for our server incase something happens.

My only argument against Blazeridge Mountains is a "noob" being told what server we are on, could confuse Blazeridge with Steamspur due to the mountains ending. I know this sounds silly, but I have lead many MMO guilds in my time, and have had issues with this. I have always made it a practice to pick a name that is very different from all others.

I think we should choose a lower population server for the full version. It will be easier to transfer from a high population server to a lower one than from a lower one to a higher one.

We had no idea what servers would be highly populated and which would not be. They also had to have been at a lower capacity than normal as only a fraction of GW2 players are playing this beta and the majority of them were "full" or "populated." I don't remember seeing anything lower than that. If even the numbers of GW2 players increased by 20% for launch all the servers are going to be full and crashing.

Boy I hope they fix this kind of thing for launch because the fact I had to go to different server because I couldn't get into any of the others was a bit disheartening up front. I wanted to get in and I needed to lock down some names :) And I felt like I would have been logging in for an hour trying to get in, Server being full is a bit of a concern for me, so I hope they do not set a max that will keep people from joining even after launch has happened.

YET it was a BETA!

Back