LoE League of Crafters

That would be awesome and eliminate the need to transfer it, but still requires the main to switch into the profession to buy it. It's a hard call, do I want to get recipes or save up for the legendary that I will probably never get :D

I just made it to 400 Jeweler - my first.

That was fun. I went from 29 to 39 with my Warrior doing it. I think I'm going to do weapons next.

I've recently made 400 leatherworker. And I have 350 Weaponsmith. The other crafts are lower, probably around 100 or 200. If anyone wants something made just send me a message ingame or here and I'll see what I can do.

I've finished up all my crafts and understand that crafting really serves little purpose than to supplement leveling and give you another option for obtaining exotics once you hit 80. I'm rather unimpressed with the need for crafting and wish it had more bearing on the world or at least held some sort of need that they could meet. As such, I very much doubt anyone will need my crafting skills, however they are at everyone's disposal.

However, more critically and useful is the overabundance I have of t1 through t5 materials. If anyone has need of any crafting materials, please hit me up in game (not on the forums) and I'll gladly hand over anything I have free of charge (materials, ingredients, or fine materials ... though I used most of them up) - you have but to ask. I'm keeping t6 materials for legendary purposes.

*Edit* I'm now keeping Darksteel Ingots, Iron Ore, and Platinum ... forgot I needed them for legendary.

Last edited:
I looked for you this evening - is there a good time to find you?

I agree with your assessment on the value of crafting. That said, I'm still going to get most of the crafting titles so I can make what I want.

Right now I am working on Weaponsmith so I can make weapons for my Warrior and daggers for my Elementalist - then Armorsmith - then Artificer - then Tailor.

I'm in Europe, so it can be hit or miss. I typically get off by 7pm EST, but have been known to stay on up to 8pm. Alternatively, Monday is my day off so I show up randomly during that time. I generally have any character named Koeril ______ and started up a guardian last night to give it a fair try. Enjoyed it more this time.

I'm glad I did crafting and my OCD MMO personality can rest more easily now that I've done it. I don't regret doing it, but wish it had more uses.

I now have Jeweler - Weaponsmith - Armorsmith - Leatherworker - all to 400.

I think Tailor is next for me - then Chef

I'd like to add a caveat to the "crafting serves no purpose".

To be sure, most things will yield very little money. However, there are plenty of things you can craft and make tons of cash. The trick is to get away from the base recipes that a million people are crafting. Anything limited by karma, location, cost, or efficiency will often net you some cash.

You also have to consider that many things will lose you money if you buy mats at full price, but gain money buying mats through buy orders. Is it worth all that effort to net 3 silver? No. But why would you craft 1? Craft 10 or 20, then you are making 30-60s. Buy mats in bulk, which is very easy for common mats, and you can make 50g a month off one recipe and (literally) a few minutes a day. People always hone in on high cost items on the trade post, when in reality the lion's share of cash is made on items that cost less than 10s.

Lastly, be aware there are some recipes that let you make ridiculous cash all the time. I got a 400 jewelry recipe drop this week in Twilight Arbor for a Nightmare Coil, a unique exotic ring that sells for 9-12 gold on the TP. What does it cost to craft this fine piece of jewelry? 30 silver, plus dungeon tokens from 3 TA runs.

With that recipe + normal dungeon drops, we're talking an easy 4-5g per run. But I need a 400 jewelry to do it.

For anyone who's not aware, GW2 Spidy has an interesting crafting section. The site will display an estimate profit on the item and give you both the cost to make each step or buy each step already completed, based on current TP prices. Click on the crafting tab at the top, and pick the craft you want. You can sort by crafting level needed for the recipe as well as Spidy's estimate of profit for crafting the item.

It takes its information on recipes from GW2DB, so there are occasional inaccuracies.

GW2 Spidy is a great resource, but it has one huge issue here. Please correct me if I'm wrong, though; I haven't used it much! The site calculates crafting cost based on the "Buy Now" price for raw components....which is something you would never want to do. The big issue here is that it will report things as a net loss, where there is actually a gain because you'd never do that.

So instead I've kept my own spreadsheets for items I craft...but I'd love to find a better tool! Things I'd want to see:
* Items I can profit from by crafting/buying in the most efficient way possible
* Options on if I buy some pieces (say, an insignia) and craft others myself
* Are there items out there right now I could "buy now" the materials, take the highest offer, and still make a profit? This right here would be worth mounds of gold.

Thinking about having those things makes me want to go look at the API...

@Abba, unfortunately, the recipe drop I'm referring to is account bound.

That's where the huge profit margin comes in - many people simply can't make this, and so the limited availability and knowledge of its existence = profit. I didn't know these things existed until I got one, then looked up the cost/crafting requirements and went o_O. The ring Plague is made from a recipe that drops in CM exp, and sells for 23-31.5g per ring. Like Nightmare Coil, it requires only 3 dungeon runs and a bit of silver to craft. Yes, we're talking 7-10g per CM run profit for doing that dungeon. I can only assume these costs will go down over time, but that is absolutely the highest non-TP income I know of right now, other than hitting the RNG lottery.

If you need me...I'll be in TA...

Yes, it's definitely not perfect, though it does calculate the buy now at each level, so you can see at which steps crafting becomes more profitable than buying. And if you can find something with a profit margin buying items at sale price, you can increase the profit by placing buy orders or harvesting yourself.

I've found Spidy to be more of a "starting place" than a complete resource, per se.

It's probably for the best, because something that succintly gave this information would completely kill opportunity to make money in the market via crafting.

Yes.

There are also some tutorials on GW2 Spidy to help you pull data for your own spread sheets so that you can get more info out of the TP than Spidy provides.

Finally took the time to get the cooking craft to 400. That was the easiest and cheapest so far - and everything created is useful.

I'm looking forward to figuring out how to make those feasts I've been hearing about. If anyone knows of a good guide to feasts - post me a link.

Back