LoE League of Crafters

Hit a snag with jewelcraft this morning. Discovering a ring and earring of each of the six first tier stones only got me to forth something. :p I found two more sub-50 recipes on GWDB, but I don't know if they'll get me to 50.

Guess I'll have to do a little bit of "make dozens of useless things" to level it to 50.

The other crafts don't seem to work that way. I was able to get tailor and armorer past 50 just with feet/hands/helmets of the first six types.

I'll be crafting, too,

My warrior has Armorsmith and Chef.

My ranger has Huntsman and Leatherworking.

My thief has Weaponsmith and Jewelcrafting (seemed appropriate) :eek:

My elementalist has Artificer and Tailor

I'm doing the same thing, Taran, though I'm overwhelmed by the number of mats required for such an undertaking. It seems like it's pretty difficult just to get enough to keep your crafting up with you as you level in two crafts that don't have overlapping mats.

At this point I've had to prioritize which crafts get mats first. It's helped to find some farmable ares, like the Anthill for copper and the Bandit Caves for leather/jute. It seems you just don't get enough mats simply leveling in order to make stuff you'll be able to use.

I'm sorry but every time I read this thread I think of the movie League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
Not the real reason I am posting my tradesman toon, Cristeen is lower than I thought she is only 47, and Chef is even lower. Oh well I'll have to work on it.

League of Extraordinary [LoE!] Crafters?

Sean Connery said:
And the ga-eme ish affhhooot!

I am up to ~100 on armor and weaponsmith and definitely interested in crafting all the things. One thing to be aware of, though, folks...it's actually cheaper to buy a crafted weapon on Auction House than it is to buy the materials for it. At least, it sure is for the lower-level stuff.

I haven't even looked at the acution house yet, but just heard from a friend that you can actually buy the crafted pieces (glove lining and glove strap, for example) for cheaper than buying the jute/leather to make them.

Yes you can buy the crafting pieces for cheaper. But you can also get the whole item for even less. For example - look for level 20 masterwork weapons. Last I checked they run about half a silver...and that's for the Buy Now option. Cheaper than whites at the armor merchant. :)

Not trying to discourage cooperative crafting in the least, though...it helps the guild as a whole! I'm just noting that if you're stuck and don't have a crafter...just look on the TP and you'll be surprised. I put what I've learned (so far) in a new thread.

hit 375 tailoring today, can make lvl 80 rare gear, the only things i cant make atm are 20 slot bags (which are ridiculously expensive anyways, 10g for the rune!) and exotic armor.

Yes you can buy the crafting pieces for cheaper. But you can also get the whole item for even less. For example - look for level 20 masterwork weapons. Last I checked they run about half a silver...and that's for the Buy Now option. Cheaper than whites at the armor merchant. :)

Not trying to discourage cooperative crafting in the least, though...it helps the guild as a whole! I'm just noting that if you're stuck and don't have a crafter...just look on the TP and you'll be surprised. I put what I've learned (so far) in a new thread.

You are absolutely correct, Ryan. I'm still interested in working on my crafting, but the urgency is no longer there. The Trading Post is GREAT!! I have been able to keep my armor up with my level for pennies.

As a crafter from a lot of MMOS, since my time with my (disabled) wife (Biblica) is foremost, the mats I have collected are available to those who might need to progress :) Thank you for this awesome fellowship of Christian Guild-mates!

I will see if I can post what I currently have.

Thank you & God Bless each & all!

Current stats:
400 leatherworker
400 jewelry
400 huntsman
400 cooking

Based on the 400's we have, what should I begin working on next, Mr. Abba?

By the way, found out earlier that you can't buy karma recipes from the trainer with your main and bank transfer them to your alt unless you switch to the profession. Then you need to pay to go back.

Current stats:
400 leatherworker
400 jewelry
400 huntsman
400 cooking

Based on the 400's we have, what should I begin working on next, Mr. Abba?

By the way, found out earlier that you can't buy karma recipes from the trainer with your main and bank transfer them to your alt unless you switch to the profession. Then you need to pay to go back.

I thought everything is account based now. Just double click the recipe and it is avail for account, that's what I do now that they switched it. :)

Back