LoE Census for GW2

Taran

Okay, so now that the betas are over, and you all have had the chance to try the game, read the articles, and figure out what's coming. Now its time to decide.

What is going to be the very first character (race/profession) that you are going to play when GW2 is actually live and released?

Race: Human, Sylvari, Norn, Asura, or Other

Profession: Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Thief, Engineer, Elementalist, Mesmer, or Necromancer

Last edited:
Prob going to be human/mesmer first then Asura / warrior my main in WoW was a hunter and I love the class just not so much in GW2

Well, the first one was the easiest. He will be a descendent of my main Guild Wars character:

Human/Male/Ranger: Cadeyrn Llywarch

I have also planned out 2-5 (sometimes I wonder if I have too much free time at work...):

2. Sylvari/Female/Guardian
3. Charr/Male/Warrior
4. Norn/ /Elementalist
5. Human/Female/Mesmer

Race: Human, Sylvari, Norn, Asura, or Other

Doh, where's the Charr option?:eek: Best race in the game!:D
Just look at the Charr cubs, whats not to love?

I'm going Charr Guardian because, they are a militant race that focus on closeness with their Warband, which makes it a good option for guild or party play.
I feel Charr is the best race to fill the Guardian class given the fact Charr have a natrual affinity for fire which the guadian class gets as a passive("Virtue of Justice periodically allows an attack to cause burning").

Also a Sylvari Thief ("Sylvari of the Cycle of Night are inclined to be secretive and self-contained, preferring to travel alone", the race synergies with my poison wielding thief and my solo play-style).

Last edited:
Ursina's descendant Christeen, a human Ranger will be first born of the remains of Clan Erse. Next will be Ursen a human Engineer.
Then a Sylvari fire ele.
An Asuran Guardian
A mystery guest
All of these will be created within 15 mins of servers going live.

I really liked the Sylvari storyline (at least up to level 4...lol) and playing as a Ranger. A Sylvari Ranger will probably be my first toon. My alts will probably be a Human Ele and a Norn something.

1) Asura Guardian
2) Human Thief
3) Charr Engineer

I love the Asura animations and attitude. Humans are still a bit generic for me, but they fit well with my idea of a Thief. And Charr Engineers with the Iron Legion story just fit so well.

I planned out eight characters last weekend. :)

Human engineer
Norn guardian
Human mesmer
Asura elementalist
Human warrior
Charr ranger
Human necro
Silvari thief

Which one I play first will kind of depend on what guildies and real life friends end up playing... Kind of leaning toward the necro...

I'm going to roll one of everything and play what ends up being the most fun. Right now my positives are:

Charr / male / Warrior
Charr / female / Thief
Sylvari / male / Warrior

I can't decide if...
...my ele and guardian are going to be human or norn
...my ranger is going to be human male, human female, or asuran female
...what to make my asuran male. I tried several things but they didn't seem to click

Updates as events warrant.

P.S. I was blown away by how cool and subtle the skin markings were on the asuran. I loved all the shades of grey you could pick.

Charr Warrior - male
Human Elementalist - male
Sylvari Ranger - female
Norn Guardian - female
Asuran Thief - male
Human (or maybe Sylvari) Mesmer - female
Charr Engineer - male
Norn Necro -male

...at least that is what my plan is

Looks like extra character slots will be purchased for many of you. Fortunately it can be had without paying real money as in GW. I mean 26 toons really hurt the budget.

Last edited:
Human necro
Asura thief
Charr... probably warrior
Norn... guardian or ranger

Elementalist or mesmer sylvari.
Additionals will be based on earning in-game cash to trade for gems. Will be interested in how that works and exchange rates.

Back