Letters to Joshua Completion Date: 8/31/07

So... anyone have any idea how to go abouut getting my book edited/published? I'm 80% done with the rough draft, 30% done with my own editing to get ready to send to an editor.

Does anyone have/know of a list of Christian editors who can help me get things into publishable form?

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;235041 said:
Does anyone have/know of a list of Christian editors who can help me get things into publishable form?

Zondervan is a major Christian publisher, I think.

As for editing, I don't really know what you'll be doing. For me, because I'm working on a mainstream fiction novel, I will be going through an agent. After I sign a deal with the agent, he/she will set me up with an editor. If I were to go a different route, direct submission to a publisher, then they would set me up with an editor -- possibly an agent too. This is how it would be for me (based on my reading), but you should definitely look into it for yourself. You're writing a different book than I am, so things might be different.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christ...&netp_id=459007&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW#curr

71259x_1_ftc_dp.jpg

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;235583 said:
TJ, I will definitely look into getting a literary agent, as long as they get paid only if I get paid.

There's a strict code of ethics for literary agents. A good literary agent will NOT ask for money or any form of payment until you get your first check. If the agent does otherwise, that means he's an amature and you should STAY AWAY FROM HIM! There's a website with a huge list of good agents. I'll scrounge around for a book I have that'll tell me what it is...

Back