Leo Volont

Grand Master

Was Leo banned from these boards? Or did he unregister?

I thought he had alot of insightful things to say, and I like reading his posts and his take on many things.

i miss mr leo.
i am nothing0.
JESUS IS THE LORD1PRAISE THE LORD1THE LORD YESHUA. AMEN

Well, I don't think he misses us. His last post, which was gratefully deleted, had nothing nice to say about anybody here.

And that bit of inspiration coming from peon.
i believe it is within the scripture of Jesus to ignor leo's mistakes and grapple with only those qualities that may lead him to salvation.amen
i am nothing0.
JESUS IS THE LORD1PRAISE THE LORD1THE LORD YESHUA. AMEN

Well, it is very unfortunate that some of the people here wish to limit the expression of opposing viewpoints and ideas. I think that everyone just about anyone who posts here has had something useful and substantive to say at one point or another. I liked Leo's posts; I found that I was learning about things that I had never known and they gave me new things to consider.

Oh on the contrary. We actually welcome many different viewpoints and we really enjoy listening to other ideas, even if they are not our own. We respect anybody and everybody who is here, no matter what their viewpoint is, and we treat them impartially and allow them to post their thoughts.

Where Leo crossed the line was that the respect was not mutual. Often times he would put down the person who was responding to him in what many people complained was 'personal attacks'. Even when I asked him to respect the people here, he called me a whiner and told me to 'be a man.' (twice in a row).

Leo was removed not because of his opposing ideas, but because of his disrepect for the other people here. Even Leo admitted that he was given a lot of leeway in this regards, but his last post, ordering all prots to hell, clearly showed that he was more interested in putting people here down and less interested in actually sharing and debating of ideas, even conflicting ones. As I had said in another post, had Leo spent more time supporting his argument and less time putting down others, he would have had no problem, and people may have read his ideas a little more.

So we do welcome all viewpoints, common and opposing. All that's asked is that there is equal respect for everybody here. Even if you do not like the person, its asked that such personal feelings be kept out of the public forums.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xel @ Nov. 18 2003,9:54)]Kinda wish I got to see that post before it got thrown to the feral lemurs :|
Me too...

Ah, anyway...obviously, I'm still here...and I have not felt that my speech has been restricted (other than having to watch my potty mouth. ;))

As I mentioned in another post: Its all about respect. BigJ and Timor have been respectful, and we have rescepocated (sp?) that respect.

It is one thing to challange a difference, its another to demean somebody because of that difference. We don't accept people belittling others at work, school and home, why should it be acceptable here?

Oh yeah, totally.
biggrin.gif

Ahh...the great Leo
smile.gif

I must admit, it was frustrating at times to have to debate with Leo, for I know it was futile to have either of us agree with the other. But I also enjoyed the debate most of the time. I was actually saddened by his banning, but mostly because I realized how much anger had built up in him from reading his last post.

Yes, Leo had some interesting ideas...however they were all dismissed by scripture...the same scripture that he claims backs up his ideas (though he would never quote those scriptures). I ended the debate on Paul the best way I thought possible. I didn't know if Leo would try to continue it or not...maybe he would have if he didn't go off the "deep end" (so to speak). The morning after I posted my closing statement on the Paul debate, I was really looking forward to seeing what Leo had to say. Seeing his post was a huge shock. The post listed several reasons why Protestants were wrong, then said "Go to Hell."

Now, Leo disagreeing with Protestant beliefs is one thing, but telling them to "Go to Hell" is quite another. As I said in my last post, I wanted to close the argument, knowing that neither of us would change our minds, but I thought the debate was good for others to read and choose for themselves from what was given to them. A good debate can help get ideas out there and help people to better understand those ideas and choose for themselves. In fact, I learned a lot by studying scripture...trying to find the things that Leo was talking about...but I could only find the opposite. I would like to speak to Leo again...to see how he's going. I do not hate him (even with his last post)...in fact, I want to better understand him. Where did those beliefs come from? Why did anger consume him so much to make such an unruly post? In a way, I miss Leo myself...but I know that his banning was better for all who come to this forum...including those who are regular readers and those who are here for the first time.

If you have any questions about what I said, here, or anything else...please...send me a message. I will do my best to reply as soon as I can.

Thank you and God bless all of you...

Back