Legacy Achievements

Kahiel

Devs announced that 2.0 will include Legacy Achievements, achievements which can be unlocked across your legacy.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130403

A couple of excerpts. The blog entry is too long to re post in its entirety.

Every Achievement has tasks that are required to unlock it, which are displayed in the Achievement description. For example, the Master Craftsman Achievement requires you to have hit 450 points with each crew skill. As you complete tasks in the list, they will be checked off and will display as completed. When all tasks on the list are complete, the Achievement is considered completed, and a banner will display on screen letting you know that you have finished it. If you belong to a guild, all guild mates will receive notification of your accomplishment in the chat window, with an option to click on the linked Achievement and find out more about what you accomplished.

Types of Achievements

Companion: Companion Achievements recognize Achievements related to your companion characters. Examples include Achievements for maxing out affection ratings or defeating enemies with certain companions active.
Flashpoint: Flashpoint Achievements recognize defeating tough encounters in both normal and hard mode flashpoints, as well as meta Achievements for completing many different flashpoint Achievements.
Legacy: The Legacy category encompasses all Achievements related to the progression of your characters, from leveling to wealth to possessions to alignment.
Location: Location Achievements recognize progress on each planet. This encompasses story moments on these planets, Heroic Missions, Datacrons found, and anything else specific to a given planet.
Operations: Operation Achievements recognize Achievements for completing encounters and challenges in Operations of all difficulty levels.
Player Vs. Player: Player Vs. Player Achievements are awarded for hitting certain targets or milestones in Warzones as well as some more generic player on player accomplishments.
Space: Space Achievements are awarded for completing missions and bonus objectives in space missions, as well as meta Achievements for completing certain sets of space content.

That's kinda cool. Did it say anything about what you get or is it just bragging rights? I have all my companions unlocked (maxed the dialogs with them) so I wonder if it applies retroactively. I guess I should read the blog...lol.

There's a lot of info in the blog. Yeah, some of the achievements will be retroactive, if they can be counted (world bosses, companions etc). Some will grant titles, other cartel coins benefits like that.

Back