Left Behind: Eternal Forces trailer...

Here is some additional information on the release

Real-time strategy game based on the Left Behind novels is descending on the PC.

Left Behind Games today announced that it will be publishing a real-time strategy PC game based on the Left Behind novels. Left Behind: Eternal Forces is appropriately scheduled for release "between Christmas 2005 and Easter 2006." Left Behind Games was established in 2001, and it aims to bring morally just and family-friendly games to the masses.

The game is set after the Rapture has taken the faithful up to heaven. Satan's forces are slowly taking over the world, slowly bending countries to their will. As part of the rebel Tribulation Forces, gamers will fight in apocalyptic battles in New York City.

Eternal Forces crosses over from the series of novels written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. The Christian books have sold more than 63 million copies across the world, and the first two novels were adapted into films starring Growing Pains actor Kirk Cameron.

By Tim Surette -- GameSpot
POSTED: 07/01/05 04:49 PM PST

Source:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/01/news_6128575.html

Hmmm...first high-profile Christian videogame ever? Well, that Bible Adventures game did receive a lot of attention at E3 this year, but that was mostly of the mocking sort.

I just hope there are effective counter-measures to the Tesla Coils.

<opinion>

I'm sorry, but I cannot get excited over this. The books were mediocre and obviously not written to last, and I can't see this game being any good either. It seems like it's going to be all hype, as an attempt to cash in since the book series is done (except for the prequels :rolleyes: ). Also I doubt I have the "uber micro" for it.

</cliche^H^H^H^H^H^Hopinion>

Whats Uber micro? anyway, i do agree, that i dont think its gonna be too good, i think its gonna really cheasy, and, rts does not pwn lol. Althought, i still think its cool that they are making a christian game.

I'm interested in how the game actually plays out. The CG sequence suggests the budget isn't shoestring, but it isn't exactly something that Halo 3 or Grand Theft Auto VI would have.

I wish the christian market would learn how to advertise. The trailer sounds preachy. :p And it didn't even show anything from the game...the announcer also sounded like someone off TBN.

Yeah, I'm with kraniac on this one actually. Looks pretty lame, I just didn't want to be the first to say it :).

Meh Christian Markets get the bare bones out of everything...so i really cannot expect a great game

Back