Left Behind Eternal Forces Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is slow as heck on my machine, not playable. then again the 7300 wasnt ment for heavy gaming...

not a very efficient game

Doesn't sound (from the review SSquared gave us) like it's going to be very good. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but I don't like the idea of metal is the devil kind of thing... I thought we were past the 'spinning the record backwords reveals a message from satan!" era.

the engine is incredibly slow, the graphics were ok but not great.

personally I think the game has no point... most likely people will mod it to be somethink like a GTA RTS where you gather up followers and go pillage...

I think a futuristic strategy game based on revalations would be cool... like a Starcraft knock off. You could have the antichrist's army, a demon army, and God's army.

Eh... then again maybe not.

Thankfully I didn't install this game.

For those that did, you better read this: http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/leftbehindeternalforces/hq-shout-178.html

Warning: Spyware in the Software! Left Behind: Eternal Forces comes with tracking software inserted directly into the game by an Israeli corporation called Double Fusion, which downloads the latest ads and uploads data on your geographic location (based on your IP address), and tracks your gameplay in real-time. For example, this software, without a gamer's knowledge or permission, tracks when the game is played, how often, and how long, and which ads the gamer views in what New York neighborhoods.

it didnt ever start on my system... then again I really dont care cause the windows partition gets wiped every 4-6 weeks when I actually use it.

a secular reviewer on Gamespot or IGN gave it semi-good reviews, which I find to be odd.

Quote:
"Why'd it have to be good??"

I dunno. I'm not installing it, for a few reasons, but I'm sure a few normal games have had spyware in their time... ah what the heck I'll just bash the developers right now.

T3H WH4T W3R3 T3H TH3Y TH1NK1NGZ0RZ0RZ10RZ?!?!?!!11ONE111!!11ELBENTYONE1111!!!!!11SHIFT

Aren't you going to have a problem with spyware and viruses on any platform?

The reason Windows is targeted so much is because it's the largest, most popular platform available. If linux were #1 I guarantee you it would have the same problems.

Apple has become a large happy target, so far all the exploits are patched. The "if linux were the largest" is a fallacy because the unix architecture is much more advanced and limits damage. I can surf all day in linux and not collect one bit of spyware. thats because my browser doesnt install everything the website tells it to. Also hacking me is fairly impossible, I have all remote access disabled, I have no external hosting, and you will have to beat my firewall :p

Lets see I dont get spyware, check. I dont get viruses, check.

Even if I were to get a virus all you can affect is my /home directory, which is pitiful.

The simple fact is that you are browsing with a full administrators account, which means they could destroy your system if they even got a small portion of access.

Unix-based > windows

I switched because I like working with linux more, I can write programs a whole lot faster and my system is much faster on it.

Linux isnt popular because americans in general are too lazy to actually want to use their head. They order oem, they dont complain when their os crashes a dozen times a day, and think switching operating systems is impossible.

I switched because I like working with linux more, I can write programs a whole lot faster and my system is much faster on it.

Linux isnt popular because americans in general are too lazy to actually want to use their head. They order oem, they dont complain when their os crashes a dozen times a day, and think switching operating systems is impossible.

:rolleyes:

I consider myself a mainstream user. I'm not a programmer and I have no urge to become one. Like the majority of computer users out there, I want to be able to use it right out of the box. It has nothing to do with being lazy. It's called "ease of use".

If my computer went down a dozen times a day, I'd be pretty upset, as I'm sure anyone would. Don't you think your generalizations are a bit over the top? The truth is, the majority of us have no reason to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back