Left 4 Dead

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Is anyone else planning on picking up Left 4 Dead when it's released on PC and Xbox 360 (tentatively) Nov. 4?

Elihu and I used to play hours upon hours of co-op Doom II (including such classic megawads as Memento Mori I and II) and, later, Sven Co-op, so the idea of a shooter designed from the ground up for co-op play is irresistible.

Is anyone else planning on picking up Left 4 Dead when it's released on PC and Xbox 360 (tentatively) Nov. 4?

Elihu and I used to play hours upon hours of co-op Doom II (including such classic megawads as Memento Mori I and II) and, later, Sven Co-op, so the idea of a shooter designed from the ground up for co-op play is irresistible.

I liked Sven-Coop.

I used to play that when I didn't have HL2.

It got boring, playing the same levels, enemies and seeing few active servers.

I'm actually hoping for Sven-Coop: Source.

A while back, I was playing Zombie Mod, which was very fun, addictive and challenging.

My favorites were facing Terminators and Aliens.
The scariest were facing Alice (F.E.A.R.) and The Pyramid Head (Silent Hill).

Running from a Terminator
http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?id=173210&pageid=specific

Running from Zombies while reloading
http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?id=173207&pageid=specific

When I got stabbed by a zombie
http://www.xraygaming.com/index.php?id=173206&pageid=specific

Last edited:
If you haven't seen the trailers for this game, go do it. It has the potential to be groundbreaking. Try to mix a 4 squad group (Tom Clancy game if you will) but with humans controlling the 4 people and the movie Dawn of the Dead (with more than nasty zombies). The object being to escape or to kill the escapees. (that's right, you can play the zombie side) Looks fantastic as far as tactical coop games go.

Hey Rizz, if you have the money (since that wasn't in your list) you can buy it for me and I'll play with my comp, my time, and on my steam. :D

negative, but i can buy you Mario Kart !!

EDIT: I cant really buy you MK, i am broke..lol

Last edited:
Has anyone of you, played Survivor/Zombie games? (Other than on-Rail shooters, Tek7)

Doom/Quake II Co-op and Sven Co-op is much different experience to Left 4 Dead.

Your not facing aliens, your facing flesh-eating zombies.

I honestly think, none of you will survive in a game like that.

I honestly think, I can kill you as a Zombie before you can kill me as a Human. :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:
Has anyone of you, played Survivor/Zombie games? (Other than on-Rail shooters, Tek7)
I've played about 30 minutes of Resident Evil 4 and I know Elihu has played through at least a few hours of Resident Evil 0.
Doom/Quake II Co-op and Sven Co-op is much different experience to Left 4 Dead.
True, but one thing all the games you listed have in common is that they're co-op experiences.

Co-op gameplay + shooting zombies = win.
I honestly think, I can kill you as a Zombie before you can kill me as a Human. :rolleyes: :cool:
I guess we'll find out this November.

:D

This is something I really want to pick up. Co-op games are great.

I've played almost the complete Resident Evil series, countless hours of Zombies mod for Half-life (kinda like CS, but different), and Dead Rising on Xbox 360. I think I can figure this out :)

I'm sorry for my prejudgment.

I just hate it how people boast about the game but when they play it, they suck. Especially Zombie-type games.

I get enormous kills (killing zombies/humans) because none of my teammates can kill a zombie or know its basic weakness, SHOOT THE HEAD!

I am such a pro at it, it annoys the teammates/partners I have, are noobish players.

Actually, the whole time being a Zombie, the effect hasn't kill them, its just converted them.

Last edited:
We're still one month and 2 days out from the release of Left 4 Dead, but I figured now would be a good a time as any to discuss starting a new chapter for the upcoming co-op first-person shooter.

Has anyone pre-ordered yet?

I'm unemployed at the moment, but it's hard to resist the 10% off deal on Steam right now.

I think I'll wait until I play the Left 4 Dead demo to confirm my notebook will be able to run it. My wife may be interested in playing it as well, since it's a game that involves shooting zombies. (We own and play Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles together.) The demo will also help us determine whether her notebook computer's hardware is up to the task.

I'm very interested in it, but I'm waiting for the demo...my clock speed might not be enough. :p

I've pre-ordered so I'll be playing as soon as it's unlocked...

I definitely plan on getting this. I am thinking for my xbox though. :eek: Annnnd... Tek, I know your laptop is not the fastest in the world... But, have you ever tried synergy? It's a half life 2 coop mod me and my boyfriend play together alot. It uses the episode 2 engine, so I don't know if that is too.... Heavy, for your comppy... But... We really like it, if you would ever be interested in trying it!

Annnnd... Tek, I know your laptop is not the fastest in the world...
It's not the fastest, but I can usually get 30 fps in Team Fortress 2. Not bad for a laptop. :)

My concern is that Left 4 Dead will require more computing and graphical horsepower than my notebook can deliver. That's why I'm waiting for the demo to see how well it runs on my system instead of pre-ordering.

But, have you ever tried synergy? It's a half life 2 coop mod me and my boyfriend play together alot. It uses the episode 2 engine, so I don't know if that is too.... Heavy, for your comppy... But... We really like it, if you would ever be interested in trying it!
My notebook handled Episode 2 pretty well, only lagging in a few spots. I shouldn't have any trouble running Synergy.

I loved Sven Co-op and have been intending to try Synergy, but keep forgetting. I only have so much time in a day to play games and I usually spend it playing Team Fortress 2 or one one of my consoles (Wii, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Playstation) and handhelds (DS Lite, Gameboy Advance SP Retro).

Too many great games (and mods), so little time.

Back