• Heroes of Newerth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't played both (or either) of the games

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • "I'd say they're equal overall" or "I'm indifferent"

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is no contest here really. The community for HoN is absolute horrible. Watch ColdTurkey's video that shows video footage from both with all the comments (careful HUGE language warning).
(EDIT - looks like he pulled video 51 from his stream...perhaps due to the language content in the general chat)

Long story short - The way HoN is designed with such detail on personal stats and showboating leads to incredible hostility in the general chat. The abundance of horrible trash-talking and obscene language was out of control. LoL seems to avoid most all of that by being more casual and not so ePeen.

LoL seems to avoid most all of that by being more casual and not so ePeen.
"ePeen"? I mean, I know exactly what you're saying and the term accurately expresses the idea you're trying to get across, but, still, using the term "ePeen" on a Christian forum? Not sure how I feel about this one...

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I didn't mean to come across as vulgar. Feel free to sub in a more appropriate word ;)

Last edited:
Yeah I guess that makes sense. I didn't mean to come across as vulgar. Feel free to sub in a more appropriate word ;)
I wasn't offended and I think the term is fitting for the kind of players you're describing, but others might be offended.

If anyone reports the post or sends me a PM, I'll sub in a different word, but I won't give an infraction.

You know, we should create a word that has the same meaning, but is more appropriate to say at the dinner table (if you know.. that's what you talk about at the dinner table)

/ontopic: Haven't played either, and I for one was disappointed that there was no true camm option. :)

/ontopic: Haven't played either, and I for one was disappointed that there was no true camm option. :)
I only include Camm options on multiple choice polls (or less serious single choice polls). Sorry. :(

Well, I just finished my first game of Heroes of Newerth and...I'm confused.

I read halfway through a HoN "beginner's" guide before giving up because I didn't know what half the terms meant. For that reason alone, I might favor LoL.

Does anyone else in the community play HoN? I'd like to play a game where I have some semblance of a clue what I'm doing before writing the game off.

The art style didn't remind me of WoW, yeah, some of it is simple, but didn't look like WoW art style in my opinion...

I think you're thinking of ginormous shoulders and cartoony graphics. I'm thinking of the fact that Poppy the Iron Ambassador is a gnome warrior...

I have played both HoN and LoL. I even made a commentary about it, but I eventualy decided to pull it for reasons I don't care to discuss.

Both are DOTA games. They are very similar.

There are a few big differences in the games, and I think the biggest difference is the overall feel of the communities.
HoN tends to be more competitive, where-as LoL tends to be more laid back.

Both games can have some pretty nasty language thrown around, although the worst I have seen to date by far is from HoN.

I don't mind the language myself; I've found that the language can be pretty indicative of sub-par players, which means (if it's on the other team) you're probably going to win...

There are a few big differences in the games, and I think the biggest difference is the overall feel of the communities.
HoN tends to be more competitive, where-as LoL tends to be more laid back.
That may be reason enough to stick to LoL.

It also helps that I now have 5 people on my LoL Friends list. Having non-random people (especially people you can trust to not be jerks) to play the game with makes a huge difference.

... you're fired.
Aw man, that's harsh. First I'm unemployed and now I'm fired from a volunteer position?

...Wait a minute, I'm the President! You can't fire me!

/dance

... and I haven't played either myself.
If you decide you want to try League of Legends (which seems to be receiving more love than HoN among CGA community members), feel free to use my referral link as posted here. Or not. I'm a pretty easy-going guy (in general).

Back