League of Legends anyone?

Okay, so coupla questions -- How do I join the coldturkey49 crew? Is there minimum level requirements, skill? Vent? It looks like you're a really helpful, fun, and cagey guy.

Secondly, I'd love to sit down with coldturkey49 or another vet and ask "hey, how about item sets? Do I just go default, or is another build (like a high-mana regen low-cooldown set for Nunu) worth it?

Okay, so I have only one major issue. I'm not sure if it's just me, as I've noticed other people have this problem too.

Basically, when I swap from loading to an online game, I've got about a 60% chance of the game crashing. This costs me 3-10 minutes of online play as I try to get it sorted out, placing me 4-10 levels behind everyone else... which sucks.

It might be that I'm running on a laptop. Or because the game is in beta.

Thats a bummer! I saw a thread about that issue in the forums. I never had it myself but I do know some are experiencing it. I can't remember the solution. Might have been along the lines of setting the main .exe to run as administrator.

Alas, it looks like I haven't figured it out.

I've seen that AVG free might have something to do with it, so I might consider swapping to the fancy new Microsoft AV (since I've been told it's a good idea anyhow) and seeing if that eliminates it.

I finally figured out an awesome build for Nunu, he has this sweet buff that increases the target's attack power and their run speed. At default it basically can only be put on one or two units at a time before it runs out -- the cooldown is that nasty.

If you stack cooldown reduction, I found that you can keep it up on 5 units, in other words, your whole team. Then your team stomps the game.

I finally got around to logging in and adding people to my Friends list. My summoner name is Tek7.

So who plays LoL and when? I'd like to try to put together a game some time soon to learn the basics.

I've actually thought of writing one and posting it here and on LoL's forums. There's so many tags in the game that don't get translated anywhere ><

Edit: specifically, what does "pusher" "farmer" "carry" mean?

me and a small group of my buddys play LoL About 3 or 4 days a week at nighttime ish.
We love talking theology and how God is moving in our lives. We hold each other accountable in trash talking and just making sure our gaming is our mission field.

If you guys are interested my name is Chainsaw.

Ahh, Rint, now I finally know who you are!
For some reason, I totally spaced this thread existed for like a week :(

Anywho, just try and get ahold of me in-game, which can be tough, but now I know who you are Rint.
As for a Vent, I have a Vent, and being on the Vent with a working Mic is something I require of peeps if they 'want to roll'.

Sounds good. I'll have to find my Vent -- I know I have the client *somewhere* -- I'm a TS guy myself, but it's probably worth the learnings :)

One comment I'll make, I'm not sure how accurate the matchmaker is at giving you teams on par with you, although it could prioritize setting up a match over making a fight balanced.

Yesterday I ran into a really nasty Vent team (DirtyDirtyHobo, Soulslayer, and a number of guys I don't remember their names) -- we got hosed. I'm not bitter, I was really fine with being hosed by them; hopefully I learned some tactics from them. But I did wonder how such an elite team got placed against us :) Maybe it was Squitz's fault.

For some reason the friends list just doesn't work for me...I have people chatting with me, but it always says all my friends are offline...so I am using Xfire to follow people on it...add me if you use it: xiontawa...

me and a small group of my buddys play LoL About 3 or 4 days a week at nighttime ish.
We love talking theology and how God is moving in our lives. We hold each other accountable in trash talking and just making sure our gaming is our mission field.

If you guys are interested my name is Chainsaw.
/bump for newly approved post

Edit: specifically, what does "pusher" "farmer" "carry" mean?

Pusher: Someone who is good at pushing through towers. This often includes characters who boost the stats of those around them, like Nunu with his attack speed boosts

Farmers: Characters good at killing creeps, more specifically last hitting creeps, to earn large amounts of gold. In DotA these guys would buy items for the whole team.

Carry: As the name suggests is someone who can carry the whole team if built right. These are usually heroes who get extremely powerful late game and can take on multi v 1 situations

Back