Laptops

Odale

I am very intrested in getting a Laptop for school and, well... just to have one. Im looking at the HP DV9000 series, this one for instance. I like what it has to offer, but I need to know its battery life, how HP's customer support is and how long their laptops usually last. It has the HD space I want, and the graphics power I want and a huge amount of ram, and most importantly, its in my pricerange. Does anyone else know of any other good laptops?

My pricerange is $1000 - $1500.

Oh, and how is the AMD Turion vs Intel Centrio Duo? Im a big AMD fan :)

Thanks guys.

the core ((1|2)) usually beats out in battery and performance. That looks like a good deal, just note that it has 2 hard drives, so the battery will probably be around 2-2:30 on a 9cell. I have a core duo (2ghz) but intel graphics and get close to 3:30-4:00

You can always buy a 2nd battery, HP offers the standard battery and a high capacity 8 cell battery, then just keep the standard battery as your spare. You can order the battery through HP's Parts department or call HP Home and Home Office and see if they can hook you up. It wouldn't hurt to call in to them and see if they can cut you a deal better than Circuit City.

As for service, there is the normal problems with outsourced service, but if you call during the daytime, odds are you are going to get someone here in Boise. If you have any issues with Tech Support, just let me know and I'll work my magic on them (i.e. threats and long talks with their manager.) :D

Wow! That is gonna be a sweet laptop for a good price. I've had an HP 5237cl for around 2 months and must say, I really enjoy the HP. The only negative is it has an Intel integrated, but ATI/Nvidia would have pumped up the price over my limit.

I don't know what size battery is on the 9000 series, but my laptop came with a 6-cell and I get over 2 hours with it. The other option is to get a 12 cell which costs somewhere around $140 I think. They sell them on Amazon, if you are interested.

Back