L4D Server (subject to change)

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
Thanks to tek's quick actions last night we are now proud renters of a Left 4 Dead 8 person public server...

IP Address: 8.9.30.28:27015

Now there are a few rules to how to get into our server. The simpliest ones I've come up with are as follows:

1. Leader of lobby needs to be able to open console inside the lobby
this can be done by binding a key to console in your config.cfg file.
2. You need to type in sv_search_key l4dtoj to make the lobby search for our server.

3. Once everyone is ready just start game and the search should only find our server and join up to it.

This makes use of the fact that with out using the search key no other groups should be filling our server. Now this is temp. as it's just now be started and no configs have been changed so there are bugs to work out and I'm sure the key may change in the future along with the proper way to access our server, but for now this seems to work.

More to come later...

Well, well aren't we all fancy Mc' pants with their new shiny server! Are you going to be our L4D leader Whon?

Huh? A 8 player Co-op? :confused:

Last time I played that, all the players left...

But like its said, (Subject to change).

Atm the command line of the server is defaulting it to co-op once they change it to default VS mode it should work better for our needs.

Atm the command line of the server is defaulting it to co-op once they change it to default VS mode it should work better for our needs.
Do you have access to enter support tickets, Whon? If not, let me know and I'll either get you the access or submit the support ticket myself.

I can't seem to get access to the support tickets, or can't seem to find where to start one, but I think I found out where our server was getting messed up. The default config they had used the "director_no_human_zombies 1" which won't let players join zombie classes so I commented it out and no more problem I started a VS mode and it took off just fine, so really changing the command line doesn't effect us any IMO.

We have yet to work out the Leader and Group info, but since I've got some control over the server atm I suppose I can do it all to the best of my abilities as long as everyone works with me being wet behind the ears.

Should be:

Computer > DiskDrive (C: D: where ever) > Program Files (x86 if you are using 64bit windows) > Steam > steamapps > common > left 4 dead > left 4 dead > cfg > config.cfg

Although, I did not have to bind a key the ~ key was already setup for toggling the console.

Last edited:
Server has changed over from Left 4 Dead to Left 4 Dead 2, but all other information in the OP (original post) is still the same, including the sv_search_key.

Back