Kutluch

Didasko

Hi guys, this is Kutluch posting off my dad's computer. My computer got a virus and I don't have any protection yet, so I may not be able to log into WoW for a while till I can go to town and get some antivirus software.

It's an annoying one, any time I try and go online/log into an online game it says something like: This server has a certificate which has expired. Are you sure you want to continue?

And if you hit yes, it doesn't continue and if you hit no, it doesn't continue.

Have you tried downloading an Anti-Virus?

Microsoft has a great anti-virus and it is free. Personally I think it is one of the best out there and the fact that it is free makes it the best IMO, but I am a Microsoft evangelist.

MSE

Have you tried downloading an Anti-Virus?

Microsoft has a great anti-virus and it is free. Personally I think it is one of the best out there and the fact that it is free makes it the best IMO, but I am a Microsoft evangelist.

MSE

It's great software.

Really? how'd he post then? Think it through... it'll come to you.
He's on his dad's computer. So his computer might not connect to the internet. But he could download it on his dad's computer, put it on a disk or flash drive and move it over.

He said when he tries to do anything on his computer it says he cant...

He's probably on his Dads computer?

I can connect, but it's VERY slow. I'll try and download that directly, if I can't I'll try the flash drive idea.

EDIT: Ok, I got it downloaded, but it won't let me update it. Error Code 0x80072f8f. Trying to find info on it but everywhere I go on the Microsoft website is chinese or something...

Last edited:
I can connect, but it's VERY slow. I'll try and download that directly, if I can't I'll try the flash drive idea.

EDIT: Ok, I got it downloaded, but it won't let me update it. Error Code 0x80072f8f. Trying to find info on it but everywhere I go on the Microsoft website is chinese or something...

I love messages like that, they're so helpful and to the point, aren't they? >_>

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I figured out the problem. Turns out it wasn't a virus. The internal battery in my laptop is dead, so if it gets unplugged the clock goes crazy. One of my friends was using the laptop and unplugged it, and the clock reset to october, 2006, but I never checked the date, just fixed the time and left it alone. So every website I went to that had a 2010 certificate it would say the certificate wasn't valid yet and wouldn't let me on the site. All I had to do was change the date to the proper time and it worked. -.-

I'm a noob.

Back