Killzone 3 Open Beta

Omega Amen

Last night I downloaded the Killzone 3 Open Beta, and I went ahead and entered in Tribe of Judah as a clan with ToJ as the tag.

I will send clan invites if I see anyone from here playing the beta. Or you can message me to get my attention.

My take? Well, I like it a lot. Killzone's aesthetics and gameplay style is not for everyone, but it is definitely for me. For those who have played Killzone 2, a lot of changes have been made to the multiplayer so it is worth checking out (even briefly in Botzone).

Killzone 2 has been the only console shooter that I really liked, and I am really looking forward to Killzone 3.

How do the controls feel? Only reason I disliked KZ2 (besides the goofy swearing) was because of the hand gymnastics.

How do the controls feel? Only reason I disliked KZ2 (besides the goofy swearing) was because of the hand gymnastics.
Hand gymnastics? Whatever.

My feeling is that they feel more like Call of Duty on the console. Heck, the turn speed can even be faster if you fiddle with the options.

You could just download the beta now and found out for yourself.

I will tonight, Grey had the PS3 over the weekend to beat Dead Space 2. >.>

I'll have to download the beta, too. Not sure when I'll actually play it... but hey... free betas are cool. :p

So, been playing for about two hours... enjoying it a lot more than the sequel. I wish Medic had a shotty (>_<), but a back-up drone plus AOE regeneration is pretty sweet.

I played a bit of the KZ3 beta with Keero and can easily see why people like the game. That being said, I was absolutely terribad at the game and don't see myself dropping $60 on a console FPS.

But for those for whom playing a FPS with thumbsticks doesn't feel like trying to type while wearing boxing gloves, I think you're in for a fun time!

But for those for whom playing a FPS with thumbsticks doesn't feel like trying to type while wearing boxing gloves, I think you're in for a fun time!
I love you.

If you ever decide you wanna play PS3 shooters with your more conventional controls, check out something like the Eagle Eye device. Joshinator bought something like it (may have even been this one). Keyboard and mouse in any PS3 game... I think.

Never appealed to me, to be honest. But it might appeal to you.

If you ever decide you wanna play PS3 shooters with your more conventional controls, check out something like the Eagle Eye device. Joshinator bought something like it (may have even been this one). Keyboard and mouse in any PS3 game... I think.

Never appealed to me, to be honest. But it might appeal to you.
Nah. $60 for the game then $60 for an adapter? No thanks. But I could see how this would be awesome for dedicated console gamers who've come to love the precision of the mouse and keyboard combo. And have 60 bucks to drop on an adapter that forces the PS3 to do something it should already do. (Yes, should do. There's a USB port on the front of every PS3. There's a plethora of USB keyboards and mice on the market. Why make this more difficult than it has to be?)

EDIT: And yes, if PS3 FPS games offered native keyboard and mouse support for FPS games, I would seriously consider buying PS3 FPS games (well, on sale, anyway).

Last edited:
There's a plethora of USB keyboards and mice on the market. Why make this more difficult than it has to be?)
Plethora, eh? lol

And yeah... I wouldn't wanna spend $60 on a device plus $60 on a game. Then again, I'd be willing to spend $100 or more for a good arcade stick... and Capcom's fighting games are pretty much the only thing I buy at $60... so it doesn't seem totally unreasonable to me.

And the part where I rarely buy games for more than $20 makes the one time cost of devices less problematic in my eyes.

Then again, I don't really like keyboard controls. This little hybrid controller would be much more my style.

But money is on Move controls being my favorite. I found shooters on the Wii to be the most intuitive, accurate, and responsive shooter controls for me. Since MAG and Killzone 3 support the Move... well... yeah.

/threadjack

But money is on Move controls being my favorite. I found shooters on the Wii to be the most intuitive, accurate, and responsive shooter controls for me. Since MAG and Killzone 3 support the Move... well... yeah.
Hm, I hadn't considered that.

I doubt I'll be getting a Move any time soon. I already own a Wii and motion controls are awesome in theory but rarely well-executed by third-party developers. I understand the Move is more advanced than the Wii Remote, but not $100 per controller + Nunchuk (or whatever Sony calls it) set, or whatever it costs, plus the expense of a PlayStation Eye.

Still, having played and enjoyed Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, I can understand why those who already own a Move controller would be eager to play KZ3 with those controls than a standard DualShock.

I'm predicting that Move is gonna be fad-like. Once I can pick up a used Move bundle on the cheap, I'll do it.

I'll just use my Dualshock in my left hand. I know MAG allows that. KZ3 might, too. Any confirmation, KZ3 peepz?

KZ3 does use Move support with tons of options for aiming and stuffs. The campaign also has split-screen co-op, so yuh.

Back