Kid Rock is Coming to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ryan

It's hard to believe, but Kid Rock is actually invited to sing at the 2005 Presidential Inauguration. As some of you may know, Kid Rock is known for his adult-rated music lyrics and behavior. You can read all about some of his work right here.

The American Family Association urges Christians to call the PIC at 202-863-2005 and ask them to 'un-invite' Kid Rock, as well as go here and e-mail them. If you get an unsatisfactory response when calling the PIC, AFA suggests that you call the Republican National Committee at 202-863-8500, and express your displeasure with them. The Inauguration is the 20th of January.

Who knows, if enough people speak out, they may actually decide to reverse their decision to invite him.

I like kid rock
sad.gif

He's a good guy, and his music is pretty good. He was invited to sing, let him sing.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!
tounge.gif

Well, while I might go against his PREACHED moral values, I will say that this is left up to the people.

Fortunately, Christians are a large part of that people.

Unfortunately, too many are not going to act like a part of that people.

Well it is regrettable that the White House would host such a singer, I've just read this post by WND: Inauguration Committee Backpedals on Kid Rock. It seems that the rapper's status is 'not confirmed', which still leaves some room for the possibility that might show anyway.

Regardless, I still believe that all Christians should stand up and speak out on matters like these, instead of sitting on our hands on being run over because we're too afraid to speak out.

You're entitled to your opinion Mechboy, but I just can't listen to music like that, and I'm sorta confused as to why the President (who claims to be a Christian) would allow for Kid Rock's presence at his inauguration. :/

Not all of kid rocks music has swearing, and he's not really a rapper anymore, he started out as one but not really a rapper anymore.

I might be mistaken but I think I heard one of his daughters is a fan or something.

I concur...I strongly dislike Kid Rock....maybe a change to the band "Third Day" would be in place!

what was the song that kid rock did with sheryl crow. I forgot the name but I know it wasn't vulgar.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (l33tben @ Jan. 14 2005,6:35)]Demon Hunter for t3h w!n !!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?! SWITCHFOOT?! ROOFL:p
*Gasp* Demon Hunter...who? Switchfoot is popular, and a good band. Don't dis the 'Foot.
wink.gif

I never said I hate DH....giv me one line of a song that you think is Christian and I will let you off the hook
tounge.gif

My Throat is an Open Grave, Coffin Builder, A Broken Upper Hand, I Play Dead, Turn Your Back and Run, I Have Seen Where it Grows, My Heartstrings Come Undone, etc.. The whole band has Christian overtones, but those songs can directly correlate to Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back