Kerry concedes

Not wanting to get into the religious and political debate on this, but I was told that Kerry was refused communion. If this is not propoganda, does that not speak a bit to his religious convictions?
rock.gif
Just me wondering. Blessings,"Angel"

LITSAFALDA,
I agree with you completely. When asked how he could be pro-abortion Kerry said he could not let his religious convictions influence his political outlook. Well that screams Pharisee style hypocryse to me.

I am very thankful that God answered our prayers to allow us 4 more years of good Godly leadership from President Bush. Today has been such a joy. I remember the 8 years we suffered under Clinton. It is nice to have 8 years of good sturdy moral leadership.

This election was clear to me. America voted on values. America voted on good American values. I see this election nationally as the thaw of the liberal winter. Spring is coming ya'll.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tolkien @ Nov. 03 2004,1:35)]On the Sean Hannity radio show today, Hannity said that Bush received more popular vote in this election than any other president ever.

Laura Ingram said on her radio program today that it is the Values Voters that won the election because the two big issues that killed Kerry's chances were abortion and gay marriage.

I guess there's hope for our country after all.
Bush most definitely did not recieve more popular vote than any president ever, though he did get the most since his father. That's not saying too much tho..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wyldcard @ Nov. 03 2004,7:19)]LITSAFALDA,
I agree with you completely.  When asked how he could be pro-abortion Kerry said he could not let his religious convictions influence his political outlook.  Well that screams Pharisee style hypocryse to me.

I am very thankful that God answered our prayers to allow us 4 more years of good Godly leadership from President Bush.  Today has been such a joy.  I remember the 8 years we suffered under Clinton.  It is nice to have 8 years of good sturdy moral leadership.

This election was clear to me.  America voted on values.  America voted on good American values.  I see this election nationally as the thaw of the liberal winter.  Spring is coming ya'll.
Yes, it appears that the country has become more republican since last election. Republicans won in the House, the Senate, the governorships, the Presidency, and the two new Supreme Court seats that Bush will get to name. That is very, very bad news for the liberal minded america, which, based on this election, is just under half of the nation's population. I fear that this may disrupt the balance of things.. But, eh, not much we can do about that now, so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

I am confused as to why you say that god answered your prayers and gave Bush the presidency though. How do you know God had a part in who was elected? Isn't the election based on the votes of the people, and doesn't that imply that we don't have free will? If god chooses our leaders, as that implies.... Also, what would you call it if Kerry ended up winning, which he almost did? The work of the devil?

I don't think Bushinomics is what is killing the US economy...China is growing at a rate between 15 and 30% a year. That kind of growth drains both raw resources and jobs from around the world. One of the family business relies on steel. Steel prices have jumped from about $0.44 a pound to $0.795. Now, consider this for a moment, we require 10 to 15,000 pounds a month. With prices this high, it is no wonder companies are going under left right and center. Housing building companies are being crunched as they are being restricted on little things like how many nails they are allowed to by. Imagine that, nails are being rationed in North America because of the economy in China.

Actually Bill, he did. I've heard it reported on three different networks, and I'm currently working on getting a website with all the popular votes since the start of our great republic.

Clinton > Dole by 8% in 1996.
Bush > Kerry by 3%

In terms of sheer number of votes, I do agree that Bush has recieved the highest number of votes in a single election since the beginning. Which would mean Kerry has recieved the second most since the beginning of our country.

Not by percentages, by sheer number is what he was referring to, and it was what I was referring to.

And actually Vanaze, Ronald Regan recieved 54,455,074 votes in 1984. Bush only got 54,188,572. A difference of 266,502.

By the way, this is post number 1337.
tounge.gif

EDIT: Bush has 59,108,395, Kerry has 55,554,114. This makes them numbers 1 and 2, followed by Ronny. Seems a few more votes have come in since this site updated its 2004 results.

Bill I really didn't want to get too far into this, but regardless of who won I would praise God for His judgement on things and know that He was doing what was needed at the time. Again Just my opinion. Blessings,"Angel"

59,108,395 is the actual number, que. Research better, perhaps?

(Ed: Saw your edit after I posted this)

Not to jump too far off topic, but I think it's quite telling that the nation has voted in so many conservatives......The Republicans now posses control over the Senate, House and has the most governors.

It would appear to me that the conservative movement is still in full swing, and Bush is spearheading it.

"America has spoken...."

I don't know how u could vote that way, but going to leave it alone.
Was going to put down bush but I'm afraid he might add my name to the axis of evil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vanaze @ Nov. 03 2004,8:56)]Actually Bill, he did.  I've heard it reported on three different networks, and I'm currently working on getting a website with all the popular votes since the start of our great republic.
Vanaze, it's not the number of votes that matter here, it's the percentage. This year's election had the largest voter turnout ever. And percentage wise, Bush is not even close to having the largest margin of victory. In any case though, it really doesn't matter.

Bush carried 51% of the popular vote, and that's something to boast about. If I recall, even the chosen child of the democratic party, Billy boy, didn't even haul in that much of the vote. I'm still of the opinion that there is a large conservative movement going on right in our midst.

Mr. Bill,
Being selective about which stats you will accept does not help your credibility.

Vanaze,
I agree with you completely. On the left coast, the liberal winter is still freezing people. However nation wide, I am seeing that liberal winter thaw. If you notice the liberals have been slowly losing power for 20-25 years. They used to have a strangle hold on the country. On a plus side from the left coast, Oregon (one of the most liberal states around) voted in defense of marriage. I am encouraged by that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]On a plus side from the left coast, Oregon (one of the most liberal states around) voted in defense of marriage. I am encouraged by that.

and boy are the people on the other side of that are upset. It was encouraging even though this state went for Kerry, that something positive did come from my vote.
wink.gif

That, and I added to the 59.1 million popular vote that Kerry didn't get.

Cory

My credibility?  Sheesh you guys, I'm not disregarding information, I'm merely recognizing what is significant and what is not.  Yes, Bush had the largest margin of victory since the last few elections.  I was merely saying that he has not had the largest margin of victory EVER.  To say so is to be obtuse and disregard information--if anyone's 'credibility' is being hurt here, it's not mine.  But again..this doesn't really matter.  The point is that Bush won, and for better or for worse, there is nothing anyone can do now to change that.  

Is anyone else happy that the democrats did not choose to pull another Al Gore in Ohio this election?  I'm glad they admitted defeat without dishonoring themselves...last election was just ridiculous.

Back