Karazan

Zandura

Ok so im going to Kara with a new guild, moved my pally to it for raiding. Everyone is new to Kara. In our first week. We have downed Attumen the Huntsman, Moroes, the big bad wolf, and Maiden. We went to the The Curator but can only get him to about 50 percent. with this so/so progress we decided to put together another team with me running it. And now the questions.
1. What is a good kara team build.
2. Can that team be a "static" build. (the group im with likes to change out players depending on the boss, which I don't like)

1. Very flexible. Player gear and quality is more important than class IMHO. Classes that make things easier: Priest for shackle, Paladin for Maiden healing, Warlock for fear on Oz and Aran banishes, Rogue(s) and/or warrior(s) for Aran interrupts. I would determine the minimum amount of healing needed (based on player skill and gear), add in a rogue and OT, then stack ranged DPS. But as I said, it's very flexible.

2. Yes. Some encounters lend themselves to stacking the raid, but it's certainly not required. Here is the normal make-up that we clear the instance with...
Healing: Holy Priest, Holy Pali, Resto Druid
Ranged DPS: Warlock, Warlock, Moonkin Druid, Mage
Melee DPS: Rogue
Main Tank: Prot Warrior
Off Tank: Arms/Fury Warrior (he respecs a lot)

Thanks. thats what I was wondering.
Il prolly end up with
Healing Holy Pally(me) Resto Shammy, Holy priest
Dps hunter, mage, warlock, rouge, mage.
Tank Prot warrior
Off tanks Feral Druid

The Tues/Thurs run usually is laid out like so:
Primary healing: Pali, Druid (Resto), Priest (Holy)
Secondary Healing/DPS: Priest (Shadow)
DPS: 2 Mages, 2 Hunters
Tanks: Druid (Feral),Warrior or Pali

With raidin Kara in the Horde guild I'm in, one of the main things that I like is having extra people in the raid. It may seem like something easy to remember, but not a lot of people do it. Don't just go in there w/10 people in the raid. Gather up around 15 people. Not all bosses require the same group make up and this is where you can sub people in and out. Have 2 people step outside, summon the classes needed, and head back in. Simple as that. It also helps for when people need to leave, this way you don't keep posting in guild chat....need 1 more for Kara. :)

Edit: Added the following.

Also, make sure people bring stuff with them, consumables that is. Make sure everyone has plenty of potions, food that gives buffs, etc. I can't remember the name of it at this very moment, but there is food that gives +23 spell damage and +20 spirit (there are a few of them). Now, +23 spell damage may not be a lot, but +23 for 5 people over an entire boss fight is a ton. Always bring extras as well.

the blackened basilisk and poached bluefish are the first two that come to mind for the 23dmg...but I'm guessing there are others, as well.

If nothing else, make sure that you've got Stam food. There are a few fights that I know that if I get hit even once, I'll die. However, with the stam food, as long as I don't get crit, I'll live.

Back