Just how big is Alaska?

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEME

I lived there for 9 years (10 winters if you want to get technical)

And I still knwo a lot of people who live there.

I got a question, who here lives or knows people that live in Alaska? :confused:

I've "known" people who have lived in Alaska... but i really like Alaska... great place i've never been nor do i plan on going... maybe we should just take over Canada and Mexico and have the real "North America"

haha... i'm just kidding though... don't get mad at me... i'm just making a joke.

Seems hard to live in Alaska; the cold climate and limited transportation.

Wikipedia said:
Alaska's road system covers a relatively small area of the state, linking the central population centers and the Alaska Highway, the principal route out of the state through Canada. (Most cities and villages in the state are accessible only by sea or air.) The state capital, Juneau, is not accessible by road, which has spurred several debates over the decades about moving the capital to a city on the road system.

How do they live in those kinda of conditions? Is there internet in Alaska?

Though, Antarctica would be the worse place to live and visit.
And its so territorial from each country. :D

Several countries don't recognize those other countries' claims to Antarctica.

I think most countries have "some" claim over Antarctica... yet no one recognizes each other's claims... thus... Antarctica is now, no man's land. I can't wait for some country to throw up in arms about Antarctica... go to a huge war over it... loose thousands, yet win... finally have Antarctica claimed for their own country... go there... and figure that, that war was just a waist because all Antarctica is... is a frozen wasteland.. i would find that really ironic... yet hilarious to see on a map that Antarctica now says... like... "Turkey" or something...

Just out of curiosity, why do you believe that Turkey would win?

now... i just picked a random country that would be stupid enough to think to try and take over Anartica... i was going to say Russia... yet then remebered three things.... first... they are currently in a type of depression... thus they wouldn't want it... two... i have a russian friend that always says that America will try and conquer russia and get in trouble... and i always laughed at him, then decided... lets not try and kick up dust at russia... just because they are crazy communists... and.... i don't remember the third.... so then i just picked a random ally of the axis powers in WWII... and that was Turkey... so... yep.... turkey... don't ask how my mind works... it is odd.

just because they are crazy communists...

That's more China. TECHNICALLY They're some sort of republic nowadays, or at least that's what they call themselves. China is ruled by commies to the extreme.

That's more China. TECHNICALLY They're some sort of republic nowadays, or at least that's what they call themselves. China is ruled by commies to the extreme.

and north korea is a tyrant.... and.... Turkey is.... isn't turkey still under.... i don't remember... and russia.... yep, they are now "technically" a republic... it is there rendition to what they call it... but... well... it is interesting.. i'm personally not well informed enough... or politically inclined enough to talk about what russia really is... because i will always say something wrong... i don't know enough about it...

I think Turkey might be what a lot of countries in middle Asia are--an Islamic republic, although I'm not really sure at all.

Back