Just Checked this site out

G

I'm confused on the reason why Christians have created a site for gaming, and *EDIT*what*EDIT* are you all doing, I feel like all this ccgr is just a replacement of actual honest intentions. *EDIT*expletive deleted*EDIT* if your going to play a game your going to play a game, and if people never encounter anything offensive then you end up getting a bunch of Saddam Husseins on the streets, psychologically *EDIT*expletive deleted*EDIT* in the mind. This site is intigating war, I feel this site is offensive towards me! FYI: I go to a catholic high school in northern california, and the funny thing is the school computers have gaems and we play all the time, our teacher play rap, and the Father at my school thinks Tupac is a hero to young people, becauese he doesn't hold everything back. What I have learned in Catholic school from my well educated teachers "GOD CAN ONLY BE FOUND FROM WITHIN, ATTEMPTING TO FIND GOD FROM TEXT OR TRADITION IS LIKE FINDING A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK BY USING A PITCHFORK INSTEAD OF YOUR HAND" it doesn't matter how you act or what you do as long as your intentions are always postive,  just want to make that clear, seems like this site is a bunch of churchboys trying to get together and claim they are getting closer to god, becasue their parents told them too, *EDIT*expletive deleted*EDIT* I could be wrong, I just hope you understand my point, thanks for reading, it means alot.

~Byggyth to the Byron to the Thyrd~

hmmm a little bit of a mindless rant in my oppion but this would be better suited in religious discussion oh by the way i dont want to bash catholics but they got some messed up doctrine themselves.

God can only be found from within sounds like a new agish lie, similar to "We ourselves are the only gods". Following that thought process, I can see how it is thought that our actions do not matter.

You seem pretty adamant in your proclaiming, so I don't see how much this will benefit you, but only God knows... ;)

The Bible is clear on this subject:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Titus 1
15To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]James 2
14What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
19You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that–and shudder.
20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[4] ? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,"[5] and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.
25In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Granted, getting closer to God IS a spiritual thing (a relationship) and not something that can be replaced with rules and opinions, but you most definatly are responsible for your actions no matter how positive you are sure they are.

As for the Saddam Hussein bit: he was at the complete other end of the scale when it came to being careful of his actions.

I'll take the churchboys comment as a compliment. After all there's nothing better then being child in the body of Christ ;)

FYI: I enjoy games like the Quake and Unreal series, and RTCW. There are offensive things in some games, but if I'm not prompted by God about it then I'm fine playing it. It's an individual thing, not a mass ruling. Games like GTA and Duke Nukem are out for me.

CCGR is just there as a guide to inform you before you buy the game. Forewarned is forearmed ;)

Anyway, GB!
BlazeQ

by the way i am not trying to bash or insult any catholics in anyway my fathers family is catholic and i have my own issues with the doctrine it teaches but i can not judge that is Gods calling, so i say my peace and let it be.

Sry if i offended anyone

I'm surprised Jammer didn't catch this already, but, according to the rules of this board, I have two choices:

(1) Spend the next five minutes of my life editing his post for language.

(2) Deleting the post altogether.

Since he used acronyms for profanity, barely edited his own post to keep it clean, and insulted the people who pay for the hosting of the forums where he decided to post his insult, believe me when I say that I would feel justified in deleting his post, deleting his account, and banning him from the forums permanently.

BUT I have to remember that not everyone was raised by parents who taught them manners. Any manners. At all.

So, toward the end of becoming a kinder, gentler administrator, I'm going to leave the post but edit it for language. If said poster should return and exhibit a bad attitude, then the kinder, gentler me will step aside while the me that pays for this site steps in and ensures that said poster is never able to exhibit such rudeness again.

Oh, and yes, I decided to move this to the Religious Discussion forum.

To CCGR and NSpire: I'm sorry. Don't hesitate to delete the entire thread if you deem it an appropriate response. If this guy gets out of hand, just e-mail me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org and I'll handle the rest.

First of all I'm strictly not Catholic (thank god), but I do infact beleive that there is good in the world, and at the same time I have Taoist opinion towards goodness, that it requires evil. I myself always attempt to do good, I have over 100 hours of community service (not for discipline, out of my heart) and have gaven at least $50 to homeless people this year. The reason why I do good is becasue I know I can, not becasue I know I should, like the Bible states. My opinion of religion is "Relgion is the Opiate of the Masses" think this is from the Communist Manifesto. I choose not to follow any religion, but in fact do good out of my own heart, because I think that the Bible, the Church, and the Clergy have all manipulated god's teachings into a scpae goat of heartfullness and truth. I do respect many christians thoug, I think that beleving in something is better than nothing. I'm sorry if I came out ranting and mindless, I'm a pretty aggressive arguer, but I beleive that if religion is discussed rather than fought wars over is what will prevent many wars in the future, thanks...

well the funny thing is that yes some ppl say religion is for the weak, but also it is said in the Bible that

Man is inheriantly evil and can not do good with out God because any good that we do, like your said you did good but it only really brings glory to you so its not really "good" as some ppl would say.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ June 22 2003,2:29)]I'm surprised Jammer didn't catch this already, but, according to the rules of this board, I have two choices:

Jammer didnt catch this because Jammer has been riding his dirtbike all weekend ;)

excuses, excuses.

tounge.gif
tounge.gif

*This message was too long, and too hard too hard to read, my bad, I may fix it later (hmmm...)*

"c'mon FREEDOM OF SPEECH, but I won't swear anymore:) and banning me, wow now you sound like a dictator"

You know very well this was a christian forum. I think you're old enough to know what's improper. The mods want to ban, simply put, because you were insulting and violating forum rules. It's their forum. They have a right to ban whoever they please, but especially people who act the way you did.

*This message was too long, and too hard too hard to read, my bad, I may fix it later (hmmm...)*

BygByron, man, you need to spend less time in debate team and more time in English class..no offense, really, but your posts are just plain hard to read. =\

Anyways, you put so much rant and ramble into your second-to-last post that I don't even know what to begin debating, so please give us something to start with - take a breath and realize you don't need to fit your entire philosophy onto this one webpage.

I look forward to our discussions..

Yeah sorry for the bad posts (grammar and spelling), I did try to post too much
smile.gif
, and to tell you the truth English is my bad subject...but I'm looking forward to our discussions too...but I can't debate on a forum, just to hard, especially with people claiming I need english help, lol, but I hope to post here, trust me I have learned my lesson...my interpretation of what god has taught us...

"The only reason we are alive is to learn!"

and I think my arguments are a good way to learn, positively and negtively, just on a forum it's too hard for me, I hoped you all learned as much from me, lol, as I have learned from you in the last two days I posted, thanks!

I do this alot
smile.gif
. go to forums or debate conventions and argue then get bored are intiminated and leave, I'll probably find some other forum to raid, lol, but I feel it's an excellent learning experience for us all!

There is no reason to leave or stop posting, and the mod's won't ban you if you keep your post's clean of cursing and outright insulting language.

A good way to keep your posts nice grammatically and spellingly would be to open up your word processor of choice, either type in it, or type in the little box then cut into it, and let the word processor's grammer/spelling checker check it over for u, then copy from the word processor and paste it into the little box.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"The only reason we are alive is to learn!"
This is not entirely true. We are alive to learn yes, but we are also alive to love and to give glory to God.

Sometimes the grammer/spell checkers in word processors such as WordPerfect or Microsoft word mess up... sometimes... I wouldn't call them even 95% good, but it's a start... And hey, English isn't my strong point either, there's another person like you out there.
biggrin.gif
I mean, look at all the ellipses I use, "proper/formal?" writing would uh... never use that many ellipses...
wink.gif

Back