June 23rd TF2 Update

BassMan449

Team Fortress 2, Episode 1 & 2, and Portal

Added support for the Novint Falcon

General

Added an option to the advanced multiplayer menu to select left or right handed view models

Fixed a bug where a spectator's wearable items could be seen floating around the player they were spectating

Fixed a bug where a fake Spy hand would appear on the screen of other players

Custom death animations now only play 25% of the time

Fixed teleporters not being build-able in some places where they should be (such as within the pit at the end of Badwater Basin)

Fixed rare client crash on connection and level change

Removed refract from water ripples caused by bullet impacts for performance reasons

Added log entries for player extinguished events using the medigun, jarate, flamethrower and dispenser

Started tracking localization settings to help make decisions regarding localization in the future

Fixed the blank progress bar in the upper-left of the screen when the client scheme is reloaded

Mapmaker requests

Added spawn flag to func_respawnroomvisualizer that allows it be non-solid to players

Added SetSolid input to func_respawnroomvisualizer to change solidity to players dynamically

Added OnWonByTeam1 and OnWonByTeam2 outputs to the TFGamerulesProxy

Sniper

Fixed a bad detection case in the "Friendship is Golden" achievement

Changed the description of the "Triple Prey" achievement so it better describes how to get it

Critical arrows now have a trail and correctly deal enhanced damage

The Huntsman now defaults to be right handed

Friendly arrows will no longer trigger the near miss sound on you

Fixed several sources of floating arrows

Spy

Fixed disguised Spies occasionally looking like they have invulnerability, instead of the correct fake Spy mask

Disguised spies will no longer lose their disguise weapon when they interact with a weapon locker

Fixed a bug where the spy's watch would randomly change models during play

Fixed uncloaked spies flickering in and out of the cloak effect when taking damage

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

Capped the rate of energy loss from moving faster than run speed (falling / air toss) while cloaked with the Cloak and Dagger

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

Fixed disguised Spies showing the wrong teleporter effects when using an enemy teleporter

Most of it I like, but as someone who plays Spy regularly the change to the ambassador is someone aggravating. I felt the Ambassador was a great counter to people standing with their backs to walls but now it wont be that great.

pphhttt if you want to kill the guy with his back to a wall do the right thing and snipe him.... don't give every class sniper abilities, that's just madness.

Force-A-Nature & Flamethrower air blast knockback effects no longer work on disguised spies

/goes Soldier from now on

This is like the only way to keep a burning Spy from stabbing a friendly medic. Now... I can't do it. :(

The Cloak and Dagger now always regenerates at its intended rate. Previously it only regenerated at the correct rate when the spy was cloaked

I noticed this before hand and I am glad they fixed it.

Increased the Cloak and Dagger regeneration rate slightly

With the improvements I may actually use it some now.

The Dead Ringer's cloak consume rate has been slightly reduced, giving about an extra second of cloak time on a full meter

Emerging from the Dead Ringer's cloak now drains up to 40% of the cloak meter instead of 100%. This drain only happens if the meter is at least 60% full

The Dead Ringer's cloak meter can now be regenerated from ammo sources

Make up your mind Valve nerf then un-nerf. Anyway it's back to being somewhat useful now.

The Ambassador now only crits when fully accurate and no longer penetrates enemies
I'll miss the shooting through multiple enemies and I am really clueless why they are taking it out. I mean it's not really overpowered and it was kind of a cool idea although I never really used it. Maybe it was because multiple enemies could be alerted by one shot IDK. I would not mind the "crits only when accurate" one bit if it actually was accurate. I mean crits miss registering on still enimies sometimes. Come on Valve this has to be improvable because it can't be lag on stationary enemies -_-.

The Spy can no longer change weapons from the knife while shocked by the Razorback
Good but they are going to have to do much better than that to make the Razoback worth using.

Meh scouts are overpowered against Spies but the knockback effects are rarely the determining factor if they find you. I never minded this and if they put it back in it's fine.

Most of it I like, but as someone who plays Spy regularly the change to the ambassador is someone aggravating. I felt the Ambassador was a great counter to people standing with their backs to walls but now it wont be that great.

I agree spies should not be snipers but they should be the ones to kill Engineers. Spies should have the advantage over engineers turtle'ing on their dispenser in a corner and without the Ambassador they don't. I just wish they had done it differently.

pphhttt if you want to kill the guy with his back to a wall do the right thing and snipe him.... don't give every class sniper abilities, that's just madness.
I still think it was Valve's intent to do just that (I mean give the Spy sniper abilities) and no I am not fond of it either :/. Every update has given a class an ability another has. I am guessing this is to offset lack of a particular class on a team.

Last edited:
*figures, I won't get my way with TF2.... how long til TF3 anyone???

I just thought of what I would have rather had then the huntsman... a semi-auto sniper rifle with no powershot and no crits

Last edited:
Back