I've wondered something...

In case you want to take a stroll down memory lane. I highly recommend: http://www.classicgaming.com/

They have tons of articles on the old systems. Gets me kinda misty eyed. As far as old, my parents actually had the system before pong called the Odyssey. Unfortionatly, it had died by time I was old enough to play it.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Genesis1315 @ Oct. 22 2004,8:10)]DV, Thad -

Thank you for your posts, I was really beginning to feel old.  I can remember back to Oregon Trail for Apples.
Oregon Trail...I used to go to the library in the town I grew up in and play Oregon Trail. Probably the first game that turned me onto computer games. Sure is crazy when you think about how far computer and console gaming has come in the past 25 years.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Plankeye @ Oct. 23 2004,4:54)]They have tons of articles on the old systems.  Gets me kinda misty eyed.  As far as old, my parents actually had the system before pong called the Odyssey.  Unfortionatly, it had died by time I was old enough to play it.
sad.gif
Plank, my family still has the orginal working odyssey sitting in our house.  We even got it out last summer to play it. With the accessories and everything.  We even have the original pong that came out still in the family that still works.  The only games systems we dont have right now in our possesion are sega genisis, gameboy, comordor 64, and ps1, other than that, we have most of them.  Including the orginal odyssey.  In my house we have:
1.  oddessy
2.  atari
3.  NES
4.  2xSNES
5.  3x dreamcasts
6.  N64
7.  virtual boy
8.  ps2
9.  xbox
10.  gamecube
11.  gameboy color
12.  gameboy SP
13. 4 P4 computers
and they all work, the accessories work, even the original duck hunt of NES, the gun still works, and have games for them that work.  Yeah, if we wanted to make money, we could sell all of that on ebay for 10s of thousands of dollars of our collection, but why do that, its in the family.  So that might be why i'm a "serious" gamer.  I asked my mom yesterday.  She said I had a NES controler in my hands at the age of 2, and started playing at 3.  Games in my blood you could say.

Back