It's Tuesday, what happened to my Priest?

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
These are the changes for your class in 5.0.4. This list is not exhaustive and does not include glyphs. It’s purpose is to enable you to quickly see what’s different with your class.

If a power isn’t mentioned, it probably hasn’t changed much. If a power is marked as available to all specs, it may be a talent or have been changed to a core class power. If a power is marked as removed, it may be completely gone or now only part of a glyph.

Priests

Shadow Word Death -- now only usable on creatures below 20% but will reset its cooldown on a kill
*NEW* Vampiric Dominance -- Adds AoE heals to raid as you heal/damage a target on cooldown
*NEW* Shadow Word: Insanity -- Consumes Shadow Word: Pain to deal direct damage
Purify -- Now has a cooldown but will remove all effects that it can in one cast
Desperate Prayer -- Now available to all specs
Body and Soul -- Now available to all specs
Evangelism -- Now available to all specs
Power Infusion -- Now available to all specs
Twisted Faith -- Now available to all specs
Shadowy Apparition -- Now available to all specs

Holy -- Choosing this spec causes you to gain Holy Word: Chastise and Meditation.
Divine Fury -- Hit caps offensive Holy spells
Chakras -- Now function like an aura

Discipline -- Choosing this spec causes you to gain Rapture, Meditation, Pennance
Divine Fury -- Hit caps offensive Holy spells
Rapture -- also removes the cooldown on Power Word: Shield
*NEW* Spirit Shell -- a cooldown that causes you healing spells to create shields instead.
Grace is much more powerful.
Archangel no longer causes you to gain mana, but is now 40% stronger.

Shadow -- Choosing this spec causes you to gain Mind Flay
Devouring Plague -- Now consumes Shadow Orbs to increase its damage
Mind Blast -- Now creates Shadow Orbs
Mind Spike -- No longer interacts with Mind Blast
Psychic Horror -- Now consumes Shadow Orbs to increase duration

New Mastery -- Shadowy Recall allows DoTs to hit twice whenever they tick.

My play style did not have to change except for the addition of sending out mindbender (shadowfiend) way more often because its on a 1min cooldown now. I need to think about mana now, but generally don't run out if I'm using the mindbender effectively.

Seems like my overall heal throughput has increased, not sure exactly why yet but I'll guess its because of the throughput boost with archangel and also grace.

Back