It's that time of year again...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Celticstar @ Oct. 24 2004,9:02)]DV, what is your belief system? Where do you get your strength to make it through the day?
I don't have a belief system, not as such that can be labeled neatly.

One doesn't need to have God to lean on to make it through the day, or have heaven dangled out in front of you like a carrot. Nor does one need to be scared straight with the thread of hell always looming over you.

The strength to carry on lies in each of us. It begins and ends with our own selves.

Very nicely put DV.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Oct. 24 2004,9:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Celticstar @ Oct. 24 2004,9:02)]DV, what is your belief system? Where do you get your strength to make it through the day?
I don't have a belief system, not as such that can be labeled neatly.

One doesn't need to have God to lean on to make it through the day, or have heaven dangled out in front of you like a carrot.  Nor does one need to be scared straight with the thread of hell always looming over you.

The strength to carry on lies in each of us.  It begins and ends with our own selves.
Bingo!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't have a belief system, not as such that can be labeled neatly.

One doesn't need to have God to lean on to make it through the day, or have heaven dangled out in front of you like a carrot. Nor does one need to be scared straight with the thread of hell always looming over you.

The strength to carry on lies in each of us. It begins and ends with our own selves.

That is a VERY twisted view of Christianity. I can't believe you still don't understand, and on a Christian Gaming site.

And this relates to the topic how?

(Sorry DV, nothing against your beliefs or lack there of...hhmmm...maybe lifestyle would be the best word
smile.gif
)

What happen to worshiping the earth itself. The harmony and balance that has occured which makes it possible for all of us to be alive and to be here to argue about our religious convictions? What happened to pulling from the strength within ourselves to design our own destiny?

the harmony and balance were created by god, not by the hunk of dirt we live on... worship the creator, not the creation.

If harmony and balance are created by god then what does he (I have to assume it is a "he") by sending out floods, hurricanes, etc?

he doesnt send them out.... he simply made the science that creates them... he isnt personally making these things happen.

Well then why did He create his weather model to include natural disasters? He's omnipotent, He could have done it any way He wanted.

Tell that to the people in Florida.

How many people die every year from natural disasters?

I doubt the figure is a laughing matter.

EDIT:

Here you go:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]According to a 20 December 1999 press release from the reinsurance company Munich Re, a total of 3.5 million people were killed in 20th Century disasters such as floods, earthquakes, and volcanos, but not drought or famine.

Back