"It was bound to happen" or "Playstation 3 price drop"

(though I'd love to see Nintendo make a better system [with advanced graphics, more high quality mature games and a pool of solid 3rd party game producers (similar to Rare... but not since M$ bought it and effectively killed it)] and blow everyone out of the water... how it used to be :D)

[Fixed it :D]

Last edited:
Fair enough. :)

On a related note, Capcom has published several terrific Wii games. I own Okami, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Zack & Wiki, and Mega Man 9. When Tatsunoko v. Capcom is released in the US, I'll probably buy that, too. I might end up picking up Monster Hunter 3, too.

In the interest of fairness, though, I own 8 first-party Wii titles, not counting Virtual Console games. I only regret one of those purchases (WarioWare: Smooth Moves).

I agree that third parties have had a relatively weak showing on the Wii so far, but I think that has less to do with Nintendo and more to do with developers who can't or won't move past outdated development mindsets.

Ironically, EA, of all companies, delivered two of the best third-party uses of Wii Controls with Boom Blox and Boom Blox Bash Party.

</offtopic>

As for the PS3, I'm most interested in Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD on the Playstation Network, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.

After looking at the top 100 titles (as ranked by Metacritic) for both the Xbox 360 and PS3, I'm realizing there are only a small handful of titles I would be willing to purchase for either system. Soul Calibur IV was good, but not as awesome as I'd hoped. The same goes for Street Fighter IV. I don't have the patience for stealth games--even the best ones--so Metal Gear Solid 4 doesn't hold any appeal for me. Playing any Halo game is, for me, a form of punishment.

Side note: The roster of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 RPGs thus far is disappointingly weak when compared to the Playstation 2 library.

EDIT: Except for Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls, both of which I want to play.

Another side note: I really wish Capcom would release an online-capable Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (even without the HD graphics) for WiiWare and/or the DS. It's such an obvious profit-maker that it boggles the mind that they haven't done it already.

Last edited:
I don't have the patience for stealth games--even the best ones--so Metal Gear Solid 4 doesn't hold any appeal for me.

In terms of difficulty for "sneaking", MGS4 is far easier then the previous titles. Basically you just need to lie on the ground or lean against a wall and your good until an enemy walks right on top of you. The controls were entirely reworked, and aiming is a heck of a lot easier then the previous games (with choices between first person and third person over the shoulder). Even then you don't have to sneak except for a few portions of the game (like when you have to tail someone).

Fair enough. :)

On a related note, Capcom has published several terrific Wii games. I own Okami, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Zack & Wiki, and Mega Man 9. When Tatsunoko v. Capcom is released in the US, I'll probably buy that, too. I might end up picking up Monster Hunter 3, too.

</offtopic>

As for the PS3, I'm most interested in Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD on the Playstation Network, Little Big Planet, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger.

After looking at the top 100 titles (as ranked by Metacritic) for both the Xbox 360 and PS3, I'm realizing there are only a small handful of titles I would be willing to purchase for either system. Soul Calibur IV was good, but not as awesome as I'd hoped. The same goes for Street Fighter IV. I don't have the patience for stealth games--even the best ones--so Metal Gear Solid 4 doesn't hold any appeal for me. Playing any Halo game is, for me, a form of punishment.

Side note: The roster of Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 RPGs thus far is disappointingly weak when compared to the Playstation 2 library.

EDIT: Except for Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls, both of which I want to play.

Another side note: I really wish Capcom would release an online-capable Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (even without the HD graphics) for WiiWare and/or the DS. It's such an obvious profit-maker that it boggles the mind that they haven't done it already.

Capcom has equally created great games for the ps3 though and has been fair to the 3 consoles imo. and actually the RPG selection is pretty reasonable. i mean sure they dont have that blue dragon or whatever game that was for xbox but even then i wasnt too impressed with that.

In terms of difficulty for "sneaking", MGS4 is far easier then the previous titles. Basically you just need to lie on the ground or lean against a wall and your good until an enemy walks right on top of you. The controls were entirely reworked, and aiming is a heck of a lot easier then the previous games (with choices between first person and third person over the shoulder). Even then you don't have to sneak except for a few portions of the game (like when you have to tail someone).

i thought mgs1 for the playstation1 was pretty easy in terms of sneaking but mgs4 wasnt too bad. mgs3 was prolly the hardest out of the genre for me at least

Last edited:
Hey hey, who changed my thread title?!
That would be me. And I didn't change it as much as I added a clarification. :)
Capcom has equally created great games for the ps3 though and has been fair to the 3 consoles imo.
True. I probably wouldn't drop $60 to play Devil May Cry 4 (especially since I haven't played any of the DMC games), but I would gladly try a demo on the PS3 if one was available (and, of course, if I owned a PS3).

/offtopic

Devil May Cry is good fun if you are ok with the subject matter: Half-demon demon-hunter kills demons all pretty like.

You can pick up the trilogy pack for $30, throw away 2, and still come away with a win money-wise.

DMC 3 is haaaarrdd

I've been very happy with my PS3. The Playstation 3 may not have netflix...but it does have it's own massive library to movies and TV shows. And those are available in both, standard and high definition. If you're into that sort of thing.

Comparing prices of Xbox and PS3 isn't so black and white. If you paid the extra money to add the wifi capability to Xbox, you're already at PS3 territory.

i thought mgs1 for the playstation1 was pretty easy in terms of sneaking but mgs4 wasnt too bad. mgs3 was prolly the hardest out of the genre for me at least

For me 3 was the easiest...1 was the hardest...have yet to play 4...but the $299 price for a PS3 is putting that reality closer...

or not...

black-on-black-xbox-360-elite-vs-ps3-which-is-more-1337.jpg
black_xbox_360_5.jpg

Last edited:
Back