It pays to help

Icthus

Well, I must confess I often roll my eyes when there is a request from the alliance to help some one get this or that or help with ML or defense. But, I have changed my way of thinking.

Last night I was in a full group with Ikthus my cleric who is now 27 with Tizkit and Yiggie. There was a request to help someone get an artifact. I decided to go help and gave my spot to the earst while healer Hennis.

I got there and we were going after Nahial's Robes. I was mainly going to see what it was like to maybe help our numbers later. Well the group leader said another artifact mob had spawned and we should try for it. I did not even pay attention to which one. Well, we did the encounter, we got wiped twice, but did finish.

The leader then lotto'd the artifact. I won. I could not believe God had done this. I would say luck here, but I think I am growing to believe less in luck each day I am in this game.

I do not think it is luck or conciendence that every time I either help someone with a bit of gold or an encounter that God blesses me with a drop. I could tell you more like the fact I have had four rare scrolls (meaning they sell for 1 plat or more) drop in two weeks.

I say all this as a witness to what God would have our group do. Help others, come to the aid of those who are in need. Sometimes we as beleivers must go out of our way to spread the light of Christ. I preach this each Sunday in my church as I do to you now. By helping other we will be given opportunities to Glorify God.

Many of you have told me I don't evangelize well or recruit well. I respond by saying serve. You all can serve. Then you too will hear God say, "Well done my good and faithful servant."

PS- I am not saying that we should serve to get neat stuff. I am saying we should serve because God wants us to help others. God will bless us however He wants.

Back