Is Aion for me?

Chenarivers

I have played many games through the years including WoW and LotRO. I am not currently playing any MMORPG's but was thinking about starting one again. If I play another one I would like to be in a christian guild. Aion looks interesting to me. I am not a big PVPer and I know pvp is a part of Aion, so I guess I am looking for some imput :)

Is there still an active christian guild in Aion?
Thank you kindly.

The legion is pretty quiet right now. I am usually the only one on it, but my brother and girlfriend play it with me too.

Aion late game is all about PVP, and getting good gear is a big factor of you winning the fights. It makes you grind quite a bit, but the result can be rewarding.

Personally I'm not a big PVP person, but I love the game because of the customizations

I finally stopped playing the game late last year. I was usually the only one on then too. Levels 1 - 50 are fun, but after that it's all about PvP. It's an excruciatingly painful grind to get good PvP gear. What's funny is that it used to be harder but the Korean makers of Aion relented and made the U.S. version "easier." It's still a huge grind! Unless you have good PvP gear (and are good at PvP), you're going to get ganked a lot. There are far too many griefers in this game.

I've been playing SWTOR since leaving Aion and enjoy it much better since it is not a PvP-centric game. Unfortunately, the ToJ SWTOR chapters pretty much died a couple of months after release.

The GW chapter, however, is very active. You should consider GW2. It's not released yet, but they're doing occasional betas and you're guaranteed to get into the beta if you pre-purchase the game. The next beta should be sometime in June. It's free-to-play, like Aion is now.

By the way, as I see this is your first post, welcome to the CGA and ToJ forums!

Thank you, I might just load GW back up then, it has been years since I have played, so I would be a nooby all over lol. GW2 is certainly a game I have been anticipating. I just hope my old computers will handle it, that is the main reason I am not playing SWTOR. I am considering Diablo 3, but may hold out for GW2. *heading to the GW section* Thank you kindly.

You're welcome! See you over there.

BTW, here are the expected GW2 System Requirements (from their game FAQ):
What are the minimum system requirements for Guild Wars 2?
Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAM • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse
I've experienced some game crashes and video driver crashes during the beta. Hopefully they'll get those worked out.

Back