iPad Air for work (and play)

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
My employer gave me an iPad Air last week because our support teams will start supporting Apple devices and they want the techs to be familiar with the OS of the devices they'll be supporting.

I carry a Lenovo tablet PC with me nearly everywhere I go and it's indispensable. It has multiple USB ports (including a USB 3.0 port and a charging USB port), a network port, a stylus and screen with Wacom technology and 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity (and the screen swivels around and folds down), a mobile i7 processor, and a SSD.

I carry the iPad Air with me on occasion and it's...one more thing I have to carry. It has...a really pretty screen.

I haven't found much use for a tablet out in the field. Any IT folks have suggestions for getting more use out of the iPad?

Feel free to suggest good iPad games, too.

Side note: Vainglory looks fantastic on the iPad Air. It's like League of Legends on a tablet. Too bad the television commercial by Apple featuring Vainglory makes me want to throw things at my TV.

I have an iPad Air I use with a Logitech case and it works well as a note-taking tool for meetings, etc. (notes work real well with OneDrive from MS, too so I can easily access my stuff on my computer once im done taking notes).

Its the best tablet I've owned and a good enough laptop substitute for quick tasks.

Hearthstone is fun on it too.. :D

I hear it'll hold up a short leg on a table real nice
I'll keep my eye out for any unbalanced tables. :D

I have an iPad Air I use with a Logitech case and it works well as a note-taking tool for meetings, etc. (notes work real well with OneDrive from MS, too so I can easily access my stuff on my computer once im done taking notes).

Its the best tablet I've owned and a good enough laptop substitute for quick tasks.
Do you use a stylus, by chance? If so, which one do you use and would you recommend it?

Hearthstone is fun on it too.. :D
That, I think we can all agree on. :)

Now if only Hearthstone wasn't pay-to-win and I stood a chance against other players, I might be more interested.

I win matches all the time with a well-crafted basic deck. Just play the arena where you're on a perfectly even playing field. Do your daily quests as well and soon you will have more than enough cards to be very competitive. The pay to win argument really only works for a good month or two of playing then you have caught up.

It is very easy to get to rank 20 every single season and get your "card back" with only a basic card deck.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/9/5699178/hearthstone-pay-to-win

Last edited:
That looks really nice and I <3 my Logitech gear, but I don't think I could convince my department to drop $100 on a keyboard case when we had staff laid off last year due to budget cuts. :(

'Tis a shame, too. That's a really nice-looking case.

I win matches all the time with a well-crafted basic deck. Just play the arena where you're on a perfectly even playing field. Do your daily quests as well and soon you will have more than enough cards to be very competitive. The pay to win argument really only works for a good month or two of playing then you have caught up.

It is very easy to get to rank 20 every single season and get your "card back" with only a basic card deck.
You had me until "daily quests." Puzzle & Dragons has scared me off any free-to-play game that features daily rewards. Come to think of it, PAD has soured me on all F2P games. I'm struggling with one gaming addiction; best not to risk another. If I play Hearthstone, it's very casually and either against the AI or with friends.

So I retract my labeling Hearthstone as "pay-to-win." Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I don't have sufficient experience to reach a solid conclusion. I apologize for my haste.

I will say I've enjoyed the Hearthstone rounds I've played. I recognize my experience with PAD has colored my view of all F2P games, but I remain disinterested in F2P in general. I have enough games I've purchased on PC, 3DS, and Wii U to keep me occupied for a while. And yes, I still play PAD. I'm still working toward finding a way to play it in moderation, but if the pursuit remains unsuccessful much longer, I might have to quit the game entirely.

EDIT: On a very different note, Fruit Ninja HD is a lot of fun on an iPad Air. :) Simple, fun, and rounds don't take long.

Last edited:
Back