Introducing myself

Mevish

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for allowing me to join the guild. My welcome message said to introduce myself and I did not see a thread for that so here goes.

I am new to the game and look forward to seeing all the world has to offer. I look forward to playing with some of you and learning from you as well.

I have been playing WOW mostly since it came out while trying other games out along the way. My main interest is PVP but want to enjoy the game along the way to developing my character.

So any advice in building a PVP toon would be helpful and as well as any other must need info.

I hope starting so late in the game will not prevent me from catching up and getting involved with the guild.

Personal info: I am a pastor of a church who is a gamer. Therefore, my play time is sporatic. Sometimes I play alot and sometimes it is only a couple of times a week.

I have three daughters and have been married 19 years. I live in Dallas/
Ft. Worth area of Texas and Love the Lord!

God bless you all and Merry Christmas.

In game name is "Tobias Stoutheart"

Well, welcome to the guild friend. I wouldn't worry about "catching up". Somtimes we all alternate between different campaigns making new charactors and such. We might catch you along the way some how.

Welcome! If you are interested in PvP, I would highly recommend leaving one character slot open to create PvP only characters. With the template system they added with the release of Nightfall, it makes re-creating a character very quick and painless. The PvP characters will have access to any skills you have unlocked to your account, even if they aren't learned on any PvE (or role-playing) character.

As for specific advice on a specific set of PvP skills, which campaign(s) do you own (Prophesies, Factions, Nightfall)? Also, what type of character do you enjoy playing? Build types change over time as players create new builds to counter the latest trends, so just realize you may need to change character types every so often (showing the value of the PvP slot).

I would also suggest that you create at least one PvE character as it will offer a chance to earn a few skills that you can use on PvP characters, give experience with the controls and interface and offer an alternative so you don't get burned out on PvP, especially while you are getting started.

As a guild, we typically have PvP night on Fridays and lately play mostly Heroe's Ascent (global tournament match). You will need to unlock the different PvP arenas as well. The first step will be to win 5 in a row (consecutive) in the Random Arenas (randomly selected teams, 4v4). This will unlock the Team Arenas (player selected teams, 4v4) where you will need to win 5 more, but not consecutive. This will unlock the Heroes Ascent.

Another thing you may want to consider is Observer Mode. If you hit B in town, it will bring up a list of recent PvP matches held with high-end guilds in participation. It can be a little confusing, but also offer some ideas for things to try.

If you're comfortable with it, I'd also recommend installing TeamSpeak. Even if you don't have a microphone, it helps to be able to hear what teammates are saying.

If you have questions, let me know. In game names are below. one2dredd (Fiona Dredd) and dorkelf (Paulus Secundus/Axe Me No Questions) as well as several others also frequently participate in PvP.

As for PvE questions, use this forum, Guild/Alliance Chat and www.guildwiki.org. They are all great resources.

WELCOME TO THE GUILD!!

If you need help with a Hard mission ask in Guild/Alliance chat if you don't get much of a response post here a date and time when you want to do the mission and We will come out in force to help :). If you need any advice for PvP we have a few really good players. Looking forward to seeing you in Game! God Bless!

My wife is in Dallas spending my money right now. I am about 3 hours south of you.

My daughter has an appointment at Scottish Rites Hospital tomorrow.

one2dredd (Fiona Dredd) and dorkelf (Paulus Secundus/Axe Me No Questions) as well as several others also frequently participate in PvP.
SO good to know I'm appreciated and REMEMBERED!

Just kidding. :) I'm glad to meet you, since I love the social aspects as much as the actual gameplay. :D (And guildees will tell you I mean it...)

And yes, please get on TS! Besides making it easier to do PvP, it's also great fun!

Oh yeah, and I'm an officer, too, so let me know if you need any help. And dorkelf usually plays on the OTHER account for PvP, so look for him as Xandria Moonbrooke or Autumn Moonbrooke, or some really silly name... :rolleyes:

Texas ftw! Actually, I live in Kansas (and love it dearly), but I go to school down there at Baylor University in Wacko. Welcome!!

-Chadley

Thanks for all the replies. I am getting hooked already with the game. Everyone i have met so far has been great.

I do have to say that Halonic has the greatest avatar ever! Hook Em!

I am sure I will have tons of questions so I will save them up. Thanks all for a great guild.

Im not preaching Sunday so lots of game time for me the next few days :))

Merry Christmas!!

Welcome to the guild :)

And don't worry about catching up, I'm starting a couple of new characters now that I'm back. It seems like I'm always "catching up"

well i have already met you in-game but of course the forums are a totaly different world then GW... like parallel universes.

ANOTHER ONE TO THE CAUSE!

Back