Internet speeds suppose to have max dl?

Corpfox

I got Shaw Cable, I've been using it for nearly 4 years, I don't have the new one with 2 mb upload and 1 mb download, just the regular one.

My classmate of mine has Shaw Cable, his goes 300kbps, which seems fast since mine is wwwaaayyyyy slower. My max is 160kbps, the highest its ever gone is over 300kbps, but only last for 10 secs in the past 4 years......
rock.gif

Anyways, I'm using Cable, at 160kbps, is that slow? Or does it depend on their frequencys?

I have 1mbps cable and get a max of 180kbps dl speed.  Yet when steam updates i get 1mbps dl speed
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Talon @ Oct. 03 2004,9:05)]I have 1mbps cable and get a max of 180kbps dl speed.  Yet when steam updates i get 1mbps dl speed
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
it all depends on the server......

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]U have shaw lite speed like me. I think.

That's the lame thing about Lite and High Speed, I've been using High Speed for 4 years with 160kbps!
mad.gif
I've tried Lite Speed before High Speed, it's only like 5 times better than modem......so instead of the usual 5kbps from 56k modem, its 25-30kbps...from Lite Speed
rock.gif

...unless, which is uploads and downloads?
In Starcraft, in order to play someone's game, I have to download their map, the DL take between 10-30 secs per new map/new game.

Back