Internet Conectivity (or GW)

Daralis Halo

Hello all,

I just wanted to apologize about the whining/complaining I have been doing the past week about my connectivity. I believe that its my ISP connection and not GW (because I dont use Verizion), but I do have a Netgear Wireless Router (Maybe that's it, but keep reading)

The situation : I'll be playing (tra la la) and all of a sudden it seems as if I time out (lag really bad). Cant move, cant send messages, etc. Give about 15-30 secs, it'll go back to the login screen with a 'Err=5' message. This happens in spans of 5 minutes to as much as 10 minutes. (Very annoying, i've started the Gates of Kryta mission on my newest character 12 times :))

Anyway...

I want to thank Bree for helping me on the router and hopefully its set correctly. We (the family) have our ISP guy coming out and switching out our cable modem. If that doesn't fix my problem, then i'm not sure what will.

Any other advice is appreicated,
and again i'm sorry for the annoyance, if any.

God bless!
~ Daniel

hey,

i had a similar problem with my wirless lan card. every 30 min or so it would freeze up and giv me an "Err=7" message. i finally discovered that my card was trying to connect to another wlan connection in my neighborhood. if you use WLAN and know that someone near you also is on a wireless network, you could set up you card to only connect to one frequency...

Had one of the ISP guy's come out and replace our old CMX modem. Hopefully that's the problem. Unforunately, our Wireless Router seems to be the problem, but i'm hard wired so hopefully that'll fix my problem(s). If not - well then onto the next time. Praise God thus far. The guy was cool, he talked about gaming the whole time and college football. Wish more people were that open.

Back