Interesting phishing attempt

Durruck

Pirate!
I got an interesting email today. Odd thing is that all the links look legit, as does the info in the header. Note: all links and my info were removed

Hello zhang, (Obviously not me)

Welcome to Battle.net!

You have successfully created the following Battle.net account:

(removed email address)

The Battle.net account is a centralized account system that will let you manage all of the Blizzard Entertainment games you play, including World of Warcraft and future games, in one place without having to remember multiple sets of login information.

We highly recommend that you take this opportunity to verify your e-mail address. Verifying your e-mail address will unlock extra Battle.net account features, including the ability to register Blizzard games you own so that you can download them, free of charge, any time you want. To do so, simply click here:

ttps://sea.battle.net/account/email/confirm.xml?ticket=(removed)

In addition, you may also merge any World of Warcraft accounts you play with this Battle.net account. After merging, you will log in to the game and its associated online services such as World of Warcraft Account Management, the World of Warcraft Forums, and the World of Warcraft Armory, using your Battle.net login information. You can begin the account merge process at the Battle.net account homepage, located at http://www.battle.net/account.

Please retain this e-mail for your reference.

For more information, click here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions or to contact the Blizzard Billing & Account Services team.

Sincerely,
The Battle.net Account Team
Online Privacy Policy

It looks like someone tried to register my email account from SouthEast Asia. Really weird thing is that my email doesn't show any foreign access in the log.

when i went to battle net and told it that I lost my password, using my email address and zhang as the name, it said that the record didn't exist. So I can't even break in to my own account. boo hiss!

Last edited:
Same thing for me, Jacki. I've never used the email address that I received this on. I'm just curious how they would try to hack my account by registering my email address?

I don't understand what they stand to gain from this?
ttps://sea.battle.net/account/email/confirm.xml?ticket=(removed)
looks legit allright, so I really fail to see the motive for this mail.

Maybe it is a targeted spam that's being sent to people they had keyloggers installed on the previous week?

I haven't even been on a WoW-related site in months, and the email address they registered isn't associated with Blizzard in any way.

Back