Images

Justice

Our image gallery on the website is... lacking.

I would suggest a few images that could be added.

*ToJ avatars for message boards such as this
*ToJ banners for personal web pages to link to toj.cc
*ToJ graphics for signatures for other message boards

I really like the graphic on our apparell, maybe we can get that one?

Im constantly trying to ake wallpapers fot toj but im only one person... someone else do something

hey, rizz - wheres that picture of the sword that ToJ loves so much?  I'm making a background at 1024*768 and I wanna put that in there.

it's not image-heavy, sparse, and basically me playing around with Photoshop, but its coming out well.

*EDIT*
ok, heres some backgrounds...

1024*768 (2.2 mb!  watch out!) : HERE!

640*480 (900kb) : HERE!

waddaya think?  I know, it will never go along with ANYONE's color scheme...

One time I found a website with case mods that had a case that had the same picture painted on it as was my background. Wierd!

2.2mb, eh? Man, I don't get cable until next week...
sad.gif

Too bad the link is a .txt and you can't actually view the picture lol

All the wallpapers I did are on the files page... I will upload Teks wallpapers when i get 5 minutes later and you can rip the sword from that.

uh. you can see the pic. just click on it in IE or whatever. its a known trick - rename it as a text file and you dont get that "this image is hosted by ___"

just click on it, nubby.
smile.gif

however, heres the BMP files... just for your enjoyment... kinda...

same sizes,

1024*768
640*480

except with these, you actually have to COPY SHORTCUT and Paste it into you address bar, which you didnt have to do before...

Those last two .bmp links don't work, and your .txt stuff doesn't work either, don't know what you are talking about. And I don't use IE, "nubby".

Host them on ToJ in the image gallery so we can actually see 'em, eh?

Question:

Why don't we have all our image files in the image gallery instead of the files section? This seems to be inconsistent....

The links work, but you can't click on them and view them directly. What you have to do is right-click them and "save target as" in order to retrieve the pictures.

I've already got it set as my wall paper. Its very nicely done.

Hey Rizz,

re: making link buttons, banners, what have you...I don't know who has them, but what if the source ToJ files (the font, the lion image and the sword) were placed up in the files section for members to download the use for their wallpapers? Or *are* their source files? I don't really know if ToJ has any graphics, creative or branding standards (something tells me we don't
smile.gif
), but if the sword/lion imagery is standard, and we have a specific sword and lion that we're always going to use (I see the same sword being used all over the place, but there seems to be two different lions in use), putting those source files up on line for members to play with would be helpful in building the wallpaper DB with work other than yours, as well as giving somebody the opportunity to make link banners and buttons.
smile.gif

Thoughts?

I am currently at work but I am pretty sure I have the photo shop source file for the sword and lion. I also setup categories specifically for editor guild endeavors at: http://www.toj.cc/files/index.cfm?intFolderID=20 and looks like TeK beat me and has the source for the Lion under the base art category. I am going to work on the image gallery in the future so I don't know how long that will last. As for posting files to the site, I need to work out a procedure for that as only a couple people have access to upload files directly to the site. I'll have to get back to you guys on that. In the meantime, I'll upload anything under 2 megs (as I am still on dialup) if you send it to me in email.

ack!

ok, here we go:

to view the images in IE, or netscape, or whatever, right-click them, and click "open" for the .TXT version.  the BMP version, typically, cannot be viewed in a browser.

the BMP files must be downloaded to be viewed.  the TXT version is just so you can see the file without downloading it.  works better with GIFs and JPGs, because you can actually see it in IE.  its basically a workaround against the tripod/geocities/etc. image linking ban

cool.gif

It must be an IE thing cuz when I right click and select open, I just get a .txt file filled with gibberish(since it's supposed to be a picture). It doesn't open it any other way. Don't know exactly what you are talking about. I don't use IE, so that may be it.

Don't Right click and open.

Right click and 'save target as' and save it to your desktop or somewhere you can easily get to.  Then you'll have the picture to see.

I have a lion i use all the time but am currently looking for a good sword. I dont use the same ones every time.

Can you get some sword pics from here maybe?  Its only a few links that I found with a quick search, and I'm sure with the right editing software, you could pull whatever you liked from these galleries.

http://www.swords-n-stuff.com/map-menu.html
http://www.swordarmory.com/main_pics_pgs/medieval_realm.htm
http://www.animationfactory.com/free....se.html
http://www.members.shaw.ca/fractalgraphics/3d_sword.html

I'm sure there's better places.  I just didn't know if maybe the above may help you find the kind of sword you're looking for.

Back