i'm on fire!!!

SLNT_FIR

I have just finished a christian camp and we have had a very very very good speaker.  
biggrin.gif
Jaeson Ma. He talked about waiting on the Lord. Do you know what "spiritual high" means? It's like this.

-woo hoo! i finished camp and i am on fire for jesus!
-time to relax and turn on the TV
-oooo girl in red dress...
-NOONON!!!
-ooooooo...
-AH CRAP!!!
-I'M SO SORRY GOD I SINNED! I AM SO SORRY!
*next day sins again*

this is wat happens. BUT Jaeson says you must wait on the lord. Isiah 40:31. If you spend a little time everyday with god and reading his word then you will become more and more like him. I am doing this right now. When you try to find God just enjoy his presence don't try to find him because he is already there. If you notice you keep thinking of other things

*voice in back of head - you know you want to play gameboy...*

you HAVE TO KNOW that is the devil. He only bothers you once you try to get in touch with god. Focus on him if you don't feel anything, YOU AREN'T SUPPOSED TO!!! Jaeson said for the first 2 WEEKS he didn't feel ANYTHING!!! Then BOOM! he felt the presence of god. I have.  
laugh.gif
i am inspired to praise god and just worship him!

HOW TO WAIT ON THE LORD:
1. Pop in your favorite worship CD.
2. Read the word.
3. Keep reading... if you need 2 which u will feel like u want to (i do)
4. Pray for everything!  
tounge.gif
thank god for everything!
5. just sit there and just enjoy god's presence.
6. Overtime you will feel the presence of god!!!
OMGOSH!!!  
rock.gif
lol

yup.

How much do we need to do that everyday. Yet somehow there's 'that' distraction. Whatever it is. the devil doesn't care, as long as it gets your attention. Its amazing how many people don't get to church as well because of the circumstances. ( or a youth camp, or a small group) as long as we are distracted, we stay UNinspired, and apathetic against the enemy of our souls.

Stay passionate, and light the fires.

sealcomm

gj, i try and do that alot but my thoughts wonder to much >_< to much anime on tv >_<

So thinking about sex is a sin? God wouldn't plant the sexual desire in a person's mind, and then condemn them for thinking about something God gave them a desire for.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ Aug. 26 2004,8:42)]So thinking about sex is a sin? God wouldn't plant the sexual desire in a person's mind, and then condemn them for thinking about something God gave them a desire for.
Yup.

It isn't in the Bible. That is not what "Lust" means. Lust is an unbridled ( or uncontrolled ) desire ( normally sexual. ).

Frag Boy, Whatever anyone says or taunts at, you are correct in spending time with the Lord. God enjoys His time with you and is doing a great work in you

God Bless

I don't mean to douse you or anything, but isn't a Christian Camp not an ideal way to become a die-hard Christian? Personally, I think it would have been a much more worthwhile experience if you had made up your own mind, chose to embrace God and THEN feel His divine presence. This, to me, is a more worthwhile way of finding God than having it inculcated into your mind by someone else in a Club-Scouts type organisation.

But if you honestly feel like you have, in your own way found God, then I congratulate you. Let no take what you feel is rightfully yours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Frag Boy, Whatever anyone says or taunts at, you are correct in spending time with the Lord. God enjoys His time with you and is doing a great work in you

God Bless

Isn't this simply "Don't listen to what anyone says, you are right no matter what?"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So thinking about sex is a sin? God wouldn't plant the sexual desire in a person's mind, and then condemn them for thinking about something God gave them a desire for.

I think this requires at least some kind of response (Although it may get off-topic). How about it?

He did make up his own mind. He made up his mind to go to the camp, he made up his mind to get something worthwhile out of the camp, and he made up his mind to share his most worthwhile findings with us at the forums. He already believed, he just needed to be led. Its good sometimes to listen to those who are more experienced than you, that can tell you something they know and you can learn it and then make judgements based on that knowledge.

As for the woman in the red dress,
1. God made all good things
2. There are ways that these good things can be distorted into evil things. For example objects: God likes us to have good objects, hopefully shiny ones, but he doesn't like us to steal them from other people. Its the same way with sex, God designed it to be in marriage and to be shared with one and only one person. Isn't sex the physical and spiritual union of two people? If either of those are corrupted, its not the same.

innately good things can be used for evil.

If god designed sex to be exclusively for marriage, why do we feel sexual desire before marriage? Before we are in love?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]He did make up his own mind. He made up his mind to go to the camp, he made up his mind to get something worthwhile out of the camp, and he made up his mind to share his most worthwhile findings with us at the forums. He already believed, he just needed to be led. Its good sometimes to listen to those who are more experienced than you, that can tell you something they know and you can learn it and then make judgements based on that knowledge.

Perhaps I can see where you are coming from about camp, but I still find it a camp little bit one-sided.

Christian Camps are sort of like an enterprising way of converting or persuading youths, isn't it? Why not discuss such matters with a priest? I would trust a priest far more than a camp counsellor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Jim, I hereby brand you as a trouble-maker.

WELCOME ABOARD!
Cheers. I think?
biggrin.gif

Back