"I'm a Minecraft Convert."

crcook84

Anyone in this forum, when you first saw Minecraft, ask yourself, "Why would anyone play this?" When I first saw it, I thought it was a piece of crap. It's an RPG/resource management system set in an 8-bit world. I looked at it once when I first heard it like a year ago and found it very uninteresting. However, as I started watching the Yogscast (warning: they have lots of language), I got to thinking that maybe it wasn't so bad. So, one day, I set myself up a challenge: If, after playing it for 1 hour, I wasn't that impressed, my impression of the game was justified. So, I started playing it.

It's been 3 days and I can't stop playing it.

I have to say my hats off to the guy who thought up the gaming system. He took the resources that would have gone into making really great graphics and reserved them for resource and world management. But, at the same time, it can have an element of FPS. And that's not even including the fact that the MP element allows for players work together and create a world that they can go back to later on.

I know just how you feel. When I first started playing, I was unemployed, so I had a lot of time to play, and was on it as much as I could be. It has been a very fun game, and I wish that I had more time to play it.. :)

Back