Ignorance is bliss?

Mr.Bill

Would you rather be blissfullly ignorant of the truth, or be aware of it and be exposed to potential unhappiness? In other words, assuming god did not exist, would you believe in him anyway?

Whether believing in a god necessarily brings about bliss is another question here.

i would know the truth. i am always unhappy. i want to be more like jesus and i am getting more like him everyday. i am happy that i know the truth. so yes.i know that i will spend eternity with him!!!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
cool.gif
blues.gif
smile.gif
i will bet my soul (according to you if there is one) that there is jesus!

Give me truth and honesty or give me death. My favorite people in the world are honest, even when it hurts. However, they give me the truth in Love. I love it!
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then ye are my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8: 31 & 32

If there were no God, no, I could not believe in Him. That would be dishonesty within myself and those around me. I believe in God for many reasons, I feel He is very honest and He portrays His honesty in Love. He did not sugarcoat this Word that came to us by much sacrifice and I believe the Words therein are honest. The Source of all truth:)

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. John 17:17

I'll take truth anyday. But the thing is, God cannot be disproven, so I'll continue to believe in God as the truth.
wink.gif

Cory

If you go back and look at the original question, I would rather know the truth than be blissfully ignorant.

What that truth is, we disagree on.

Cory

The "truth" in the OP is an objective truth, not a subjective one.

There is only ONE truth. God exists or He doesn't.

He can't exist for one person and not for another and be considered a truth by both people.

Going back to the red and blue pill of the matrix, how can you be sure you actually took the pill that released you?

But none of you are quiiite answering the question. I said ASSUMING that there was not a god, would you still chose to believe in him?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rithkil @ Oct. 19 2004,11:21)]It takes more faith to NOT believe in a God than it DOES.
Rith, that's a typical response against atheism.

Unfortunately it's not true.

Atheism isn't active DISBELIEF. It's not believing in something because there is a lack of evidence.

There is no faith involved.

To not believe in anything WITHOUT evidence.

Faith doesn't play into that equation.

How is life hopeless? It's incredibly precious!

The only difference between you and I is that you live this life for one reason only...to get to the afterlife. But, as Mark Twain said, you aren't in any hurry to get there.

Back