Identity

legitnoob

After some studying, prayer, and word studies on people's view of Jesus's identity. I wanted to see if anyone else see's this trend in the life of alot of people in world. So as I was reading about the rich young ruler, I asked myself why did he call Jesus good teacher and not the Son of God like Peter did. And I came to realize at this time he didn't see Jesus as God, or the Greek word Theos, which means the Supreme Divinity. This man saw Him only as someone that has good ideas and teachings, not the God to give his life for! Now as this thought started taking place in my heart I began to see areas in my life that I hadn't seen or placed God in control of bc of my vision of God was limited by my own lack of faith in Jesus. Just wanted to share this so if someone else is having this problem it may help them, and to see what y'all think!

Matthew 16: 13-17 (ESV) said:
13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.
Jesus' identity was revealed to Peter by the Father. The rest of the Jews should have known Jesus to be a prophet sent from God because of the signs that pointed to his divine appointment, but the Jews of the time "did not get" that he was the Son of God.

I wouldn't feel to badly, legitnoob. Even though Peter said it and the disciples knew it, even they had a hard time trusting it - and he was standing right there, on the water, with fishes and loaves, with the blind, deaf, lame, you name it. He was speaking to the disciples when he said, "O ye of little faith." So don't feel too bad about it.

One of my most often said prayers is the same words of the father of the demon possessed boy when he exclaimed, "I do believe; help my unbelief." (Mark 9:24)

Last edited:
Oh I don't feel bad no one is so close to Jesus that they don't learn new things. I'm just sharing my experience to help others.

Back