Ideas for celebrating Tribe of Judah's 11th birthday

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Tribe of Judah will soon celebrate 11 years since the community's founding in May 1999.

Please post your ideas for celebration events in this thread.

Last edited:
The cake is a lie!

Time from BG's post before someone said it approx. One hour :p.

When is the hallowed day Tek and yes I don't remember from last time :p .

...and my suggestion is play TF2 of course :p.

Last edited:
How about some kind of scavenger hunt on the forums? Like setting up a hunt based off of key words in posts, current ones only of course....maybe make people get clues from someone in a TS or vent channel, get info off the front of the Toj web page, etc.

First one to finish wins a prize from the ToJ store...?

Since ToJ first started as a StarCraft clan, why don't we devote a Straturday to StarCraft matches. Maybe a tournament-like thing, and the winner gets to be Tek for a day! ;)

Since ToJ first started as a StarCraft clan, why don't we devote a Straturday to StarCraft matches. Maybe a tournament-like thing, and the winner gets to be Tek for a day! ;)
You want to celebrate by playing one of the most overrated games of all time? No thanks.

This thread makes me lol. :p

We could get together in Teamspeak and share our funniest moments that we had since we joined CGA.

Last year's TS anniversary chat channel was fun; if we can only get that many people chatting once a year, it would behoove us to make the most of it.

As far as games go, maybe a multi-day event covering the most played games or something. It would be difficult, and maybe a bit unfair to narrow it down to just one.

Also, if we could have server plans nailed down by then, it would be a great time to kick that whole deal off. It would also be a good time to get a newsletter going if someone volunteers.

Last edited:
Last year's TS anniversary chat channel was fun
Indeed it was!

We'll be creating an 11th Anniversary Celebration channel this year, so be sure to download the TeamSpeak 3 some time before late May.

As far as games go, maybe a multi-day event covering the most played games or something. It would be difficult, and maybe a bit unfair to narrow it down to just one.
Exactly. I'd like to see participation from all chapters and guilds.

Also, if we could have server plans nailed down by then, it would be a great time to kick that whole deal off. It would also be a good time to get a newsletter going if someone volunteers.
Agreed on both counts.

We could get together in Teamspeak and share our funniest moments that we had since we joined CGA.
/jab

ToJ. Since you joined ToJ. Groups join the Christian Gamers Alliance, individuals join ToJ.

There's nothing about that idea I don't like.

Especially if the "gets to be Tek for a day" includes knocking out some of the items on my admin duties checklist.

Hold the first inaugural Bad Company 2 game night?

Just sayin', Tek.
Battlefield Series Chapter Forum is now online and the initial "paperwork" is done. Now it's up to you and BassMan (though Elihu and I will, as always, be on hand for support).

I vote Tek personally mails each and every ToJ member a cake.
Three problems with that:
  1. Sending out 1,770 cakes would present logistical and financial problems.
  2. I don't have members' mailing addresses.
  3. I'm hypoglycemic, so I wouldn't be able to eat any of the cake. Which spoils the whole thing for me.
Conclusion: The cake is, indeed, a lie.

When is the hallowed day Tek and yes I don't remember from last time :p .
Depending on how you define "establish," either May 19 or May 20.

...and my suggestion is play TF2 of course :p.
Well, obviously.

I like the idea of keeping our regular weekly events (for chapters with weekly events), but calling the event for the week of the anniversary an anniversary celebration. Think of it as the gaming equivalent of, "A very special episode of..."

How about some kind of scavenger hunt on the forums? Like setting up a hunt based off of key words in posts, current ones only of course....maybe make people get clues from someone in a TS or vent channel, get info off the front of the Toj web page, etc.

First one to finish wins a prize from the ToJ store...?
Well, cake would be too expensive, but if we have a few members kick in a few dollars to cover the cost of the prize, that plan sounds reasonable.

We're not exactly hurting for money right now, but incoming cash flow is very close to outgoing cash flow, so I'm keeping a close watch on one-time expenses.

well, we did start out as an SC clan.
I like that idea.
Maybe we should ask Blizzard to sponsor the event--except instead of giving us money, they could send StarCraft II beta keys to all active members who want a key.

A man can dream, can't he? :)

(And yes, the StarCraft II beta is awesome, but it's just not the same without a group of ToJ members to play with. That's why you'll still see me participating in weekly game nights even if I'm itching to play the SC2 beta.)

EDIT: MEGA POST!

Back