ICC 25 - Guild run on April 16

Jethiel

Hello everyone,

Thanks to those of you who made the run today in ICC 10 man - we had a great time but also took our time due to describing fights and figuring out what to do to gain the 10 man achievements. Had a really fun time as memories of old battles faded in the simplicity of our current 'higher dps days'.

I think there is quite a bit of interest out there to get back into ICC - obviously not hardcore, but to rack up some of the achieves and for nostalgia's sake. I am wanting to aim at starting this 25 man run @ 1 p.m. MST on April 16. It will be going up on the calendar so please, please sign up with the appropriate status for your character. I would also love to see people post in here what character they will be bringing as it would be optimal to have our tanks and heals worked out ahead of time.

Sound good? Hope to see a full guild run happen!

Last edited:
We did manage to most of the 10-man achieves (except for Dreamwalker - not sure what happened there, Lanathel - which requires at least 2 run thrus - Sindy - yeah right..need to work on the mystic buffet and LK - which needed to be done on heroic mode) We did down the LK on our last attempt, and it would be excellent to eventually down him on heroic for the guild achieve. That being said we had a significant number of wipes even on regular just learning the mechanics - the damage wasn;t bad but we needed to learn how to deal with crumbling edges, orbs, valks, raging spirits and the ever nasty defile. Hopefully we can get a bit more experience with the fight and then blitz it in hard mode.

I am planning on updating this thread with each fight broken down for simple mechanics plus each possible achievement and what is needed. I'll do all the research ahead of time instead of holding up the whole raid while Anita (bless her heart) looks around for a description. Honestly a larger part of it had to be just trying to remember every facet of each fight. Onwards and upwards!

Lord Marrowgar Achievement is Boned - Defeat Lord Marrowgar without any raid member remaining impaled for more than 8 seconds in 25-player mode.

Lady Deathwhisper Achievement is Full House - Defeat Lady Deathwhisper with at least five different types of Cultists active at the time of her demise in 25-player mode. The adds we need up are: Cult Fanatic, Deformed Fanatic, Reanimated Fanatic, Cult Adherent, Reanimated Adherent

Gunship Battle Achievement is I'm On A Boat - Claim victory in the Gunship Battle without any raid member visiting the enemy gunship more than once in 25-player mode

Deathbringer Saurfang Achievement is I've Gone And Made A Mess - Defeat the Deathbringer before Mark of the Fallen Champion is cast five times in 25-player mode

Rotface Achievement is Dances With Oozes - Defeat Rotface without a Big Ooze casting Unstable Ooze Explosion in 25-player mode **this boss is the one to the right for those of you that forget which is which**

Festergut Achievement is Flu Shot Shortage - Defeat Festergut while none of the players in your raid group ever had 3 stacks of Inoculated in 25-player mode

Professor Putricide Achievement is Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion... - Defeat Professor Putricide without using Regurgitated Ooze on the Abomination in 25-player mode.

Blood Prince Council Achievement is The Orb whisperer - Defeat the Blood Council without anyone in the raid taking more than 25,000 spell damage in a single hit in 25-player mode.

Blood-Queen Lana'thel Achievement is Once Bitten, Twice Shy - Defeat Blood-Queen Lana'thel once as a vampire and again without becoming a vampire in 25-player mode **if you have not been here on 25 man, it is impossible to get this achievement on first run** (I have not)

Valithria Dreamwalker Achievement is Portal Jockey - Enter every portal spawned by Valithria Dreamwalker before healing her to full health in 25-player mode.

Sindragosa Achievement is All You Can Eat - Defeat Sindragosa in 25-player mode without any member of your raid receiving more than 5 stacks of Mystic Buffet.

Lich King Achievement is Been Waiting A Long Time For This - Allow Necrotic Plague to stack to 30 before defeating the Lich King in 25-player mode.

Please be on early, flasks and pots are always helpful; and Teamspeak is a must. I need to do this run as quickly as possible as something has come up and I will need to leave just before 4 o'clock. Looking forward to it!

I'm new and still feeling my way around EVERYWHERE. =)
I'm curious though as to where I must go to sign up for this or any raid. Will I find it in the ingame calendar? If so, what I'd like to do is bring an alt (Raid ready Resto Druid) that isn't in the guild?

Thanks in advance for the response and forgive me for my Noobsauce dripping all over the forums.

The in game calendar is correct. Almost everyone that is coming is level 85 as this is mostly an achievement run. I will see you in game!

We will be continuing the raid lock for ICC 25 this Friday starting 8 pm server time. I really hope we can have as many of you back as possible! We will be starting on Rotface, then PP, etc.

Hope to see everyone there!

I was excited to hear you extended the raid so we could finish it. However, b/c of prior commitments, the earliest I could be home on Friday would be 8 my time, so 9 pm ST. I was really hoping you would pick the same time as last week on Sat.

I hope we can work something out b/c I'd really like to finish that off.

Eric

Hey everyone,

Sorry but it looks like work is somewhat swamping me as of late - won't be doing ICC stuff for probably another 5 weeks or so. If someone else wants to run this I will not be offended in the least!

*highly suggest learning PP fight for either 10 man heroic or regular 25 man if someone will be trying this out. That fight is just wicked :)

Back