I SENT THIS TO MY GRANDMA!

A Servant

I APPOLOGIZE FOR ITS LENGTH BUT PLEASE READ IT,ITS SO VERY IMPORTANT!

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I want to tell you a true story. I'm sure you have been reading and watching the news on CITIBANK lately. This is one of the largest financial companies in the world and its faliure or sucess has alot to do with how America's economy is affected. It is a dow jones stock and has always had a good name. With the current situation in the economy, I have decided to open a home based business, my reasons follow. First I know your generation appreciates family values and good ol fashion hard work, it was these ethics of your generation that has carried America to a position of strength and stability, until recently. Unfortunately something has been lost in the passing of the baton from one generation to the next and I don't think it was your generations fault, it was our side that dropped the baton. I know you remeber me as your grandson the banker, the banker part may change soon but I promise I'll stay your grandson.

Now as citibank is laying off more in more employees at the branch level, some of these jobs are being sent to india, some are just going away, now I have found my job at a possible risk, but this is all for the greater good and in hopes of increasing share holder values. In the branch I work, I am a licenesed banker, that means I have my securities and life licenses, and in addition to that I am a notary. I offer all of these services and my 10+ years of banking experience to all my clients free and with a smile. I know my clients by name and call to them when they come in with a friendly hello. I know that this is the way your generation did business, as I have seen you and grandpa work. In addition I frequently monitor their accounts to remind them if they can earn more interest or save by lowering interest rates. I give them service with a smile, and my customers are always right, no matter the cost. I keep a file on all my top clients and treat everyone with respect. I have many clients that have and will right me letters of recommendation for me.

Again one thing I want to point out is that I'm not trying to brag or toot my own horn and I am definitely not a lazy man. The reason I'm telling you this is because I want you to know the type of company CITIBANK is becoming, it is the type of company that would rather pay top officiating executives millions of dollars, invest poorly, and then cut thousands of jobs rather than keeping hard working good honest American citizens gainfully employed. Now they could lower the CEO, board members, and other top executives salaries by 25-75% and save thousands of American jobs to stimulate the economy and shareholders value. But there priorities and values are different than mine and yours.

While my sales numbers at work are the highest in my branch, they had to put me AND the other banker who has been a stalwart for our community in banking for over 20 years, on informal notice towards termination. The manger almost in tears did this as she knows we are both great employees, in fact during the notices she kept apologizing for having to put us on notice and asked us to just hold tight and be patient. Unfortunately our families lively hoods are at stake and if she couldn't hold the informal termination notice back she will not be able to hold back the final termination. She has no control over what her boss tells her to do.

Well you and your friends maybe very interested in this. Wachovia, which recently bought out World Savings is currently offering phenomenal rates at or above 4% on some of their CDs. They are the type of company that seems to put their customers first. By doing this they are making sound judgements and driving Wachovia reputation and company values higher.
Why has Citibank chosen to lower its rates, then simultaneously raise its bankers quota (which I was making plus commission by the way), to 4 times what it was and still expect all the bankers to make a impact is beyond my understanding?
How has this affected me personally?
I knew you cared about the answer to these questions that is why I wrote this letter. Well three of my friends in the area have already been terminated. In addition to that 80% of the bankers in the area whom I also know have also been given informal notice towards termination. I personally knew the bankers who where recently canned.

PLEASE PRAY, even though the economy is slow there is no reason for CITIBANK to treat its bankers in this fashion. As morale and company loyalties have decreased by Citibank's current actions, I am calling for HELP! Please help by sending this email to as many people as you can, your friends, your family, your acquaintances, and yes maybe even your enemies. Hopefully they will send it to there friends and a difference can be made, by a generation that knows the difference between stockholders values and many, many, American families out of JOBS.
Love,
your grandson

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you started to pray the regional managers of CITIBANK called to thank me, my business has grown, and I LED SOMEONE TO JESUS.
I'm not out of the woods yet so please keep PRAYING!

You prayers are so effectual I'm going to move this thread from a here to a Prayer Request and Answered Prayers thread.

Back