I need your help!

Jango

I'm making this like evangilical site to post on other sites to witness to larger groups, and I'm not the best writer. Could a good writer write a persuasive papers on why Evolution is wrong? That should be all I need.

jango, but what stance are you taking on evolution?

We're talking a huge wide-ranging subject with numerous shades of grey

are you young-earth, old-earth, young-life, old-life or any combination
are you just micro, just macro, both or neither
should it delve into stellar and cosmological evolution as well?

what about the evolution of societies? or even the evolution of computer systems? should those be handled?

and if you are just sticking with evolution as it pertains to biology, which ruleset would you wish to argue against (survival of the fittest, survival of the mean)

but you miss my point.

the definition of evolution is something going from one state to another.  Usually from simple to complex.

According to this definition computer systems evolve.  Since they gain more features, more powers, more abilities as the years go on.

Now, since the evolution of computer systems is 100% observable, can we say evolution is wrong 100% of the time?  Of course not.  That was my point.  He's blindly asking for a paper on a subject that crosses too many boundaries.

One might as well ask for a paper contrasting and comparing the use of the letter 'o' in The Bible, Foundation's Edge, and War and Peace.

I have no idea. I didn't know there were that many.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
The bible says nothing about evolution. Froget this society and all the confusing informaton and various it tries to explain how things work. Base it purely on God's word and go on..:)
Well, many scientific laws disprove evolution, but I can't put it to paper well..

using computers as an example of evolution isn't really evolution.

i have a 486 on my floor that we use as a server (in very loose terms) a HDD for storing files on our network.

it never became a pentium. No matter how loooooong i leave it there, plugged in or not. It will NEVER turn itself into a pentium.

'I' could make it a pentium, or a boat anchor but that's not evolution. Thats GOD ( again very loosely) lol

sealcomm

sealcom- not really. it's a fine example. u will never evolve, unless it's forced (ie u stay a 486 until someone puts a pentium into u). Yet later humans evolve into something else (i.e. they become pentiums.

Remember, in evolution, we're not talking individuals, we're talking the entire class of something slowly changing from one state to another.

From what I read in the bible is that God spoke things into existence it didn't evolve. So which came first the chicken or the egg. The Chicken!

Ge 1:3 And God SAID, Let there be light: and there was light.
Ge 1:6 And God SAID, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
Ge 1:9 And God SAID, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
Ge 1:11 And God SAID, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
Ge 1:14 And God SAID, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
Ge 1:20 And God SAID, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
Ge 1:24 And God SAID, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Ge 1:26 And God SAID, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Ge 1:28 And God blessed them, and God SAID unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Ge 1:29 And God SAID, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Ge 2:18 And the LORD God SAID, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
Ge 2:23 And Adam SAID, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man

Nothing that I could read said anything about "evolution". God SAID it and it was. Cold Steel

Topic moved to Religious Discussion.

By the by, if you're writing a paper denouncing macroevolution based on Scripture, compare the order of evolution and the order of creation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]From what I read in the bible is that God spoke things into existence it didn't evolve.
Sure thats true, but the different breeds of dogs "evolved" from one breed. Something that doesn't take millions of years, we can witness a new breed in I"m guessing a hundred years or so...  evolution is a huge subject, and you can just cut a line that says God made every animal breed we gave a name to.

Jango- your not going to win any hearts for God over the internet. I'm convinced you have to know/physically be with the person to be a witness. (I realize there are always exceptions...)Paul wrote letters, but to churches God had already started through Paul being there. I'm not trying to discourage you, I just don't want you to give your hopes up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jango @ June 02 2004,2:40)]I'm making this like evangilical site to post on other sites to witness to larger groups, and I'm not the best writer. Could a good writer write a persuasive papers on why Evolution is wrong? That should be all I need.
If such a thing existed, I'd point you to it. The problem with creation vs evolution is that both must be taken on faith. No matter how persuasive your paper is, you can't make somebody believe or have faith in it.

Nonetheless, take a look at the "refutting evolution" series by Jonathan Sarfati. He takes a look at what is being taught in schools and in the media and positions creationism counterclaims directly against evolutions teachings. Its two books, the first looks at what is being taught in America's school system and the second looks at what is being taught in the media (ie..on Nova).

Back