I need a white or blue back piece...any ideas?

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Pretty much in title.

My goal is to move my Mad Memories: Complete Edition (soulbound) from my guardian to my mesmer. There is a trick where you can transmute soulbound gear to make it NOT soulbound so that another toon can wear it. It needs to be white or blue because green or above is re-soulbound.

The issue is...I can't figure out where to get a backpiece. I've already completed (and trashed) the white one from level 33 story mode reward.

Any ideas?

Just looking on the wiki and the engineer can start with a basic back piece (universal mutitool pack). It could be soulbound but wiki doesn't say and I haven't had a chance to check.

Not sure if it helps, but good luck.

Sadly, they made all those starting pieces soulbound. I tried to snag a thief hood because I deleted mine and the trick to transfer it didn't work.

Thank you for the tip on the engineer backpack; tried that last night but no dice due to the soulbind Koeril mentioned.

However, I'm wondering if you'd have better luck with masks - my issue with the backpack may be that the white was soulbound. I wonder if you could transmute a thief mask with another un-soulbound white mask and get it to work. I just couldn't with backpack, because...backpack.

Back