I have some what of a silly question...

Taledin

Everyone keeps saying that they have gotten to 60+ in a matter of days or 2 weeks. How are you doing that? I have been working on Trif for a while and he's only 52. I'd really like to know.

you can do it in a couple weeks if you are serious about it and spend quite a few hours a day on it. It also helps for most of us that we have a few 60+ chars, the 3rd and 4th 60 is much easier than the first, you know where all the quests are and where to go at what level.

they may also be talking about /played days...not too bad to get to 60 with around 6-8 /played days with the buffs they made to quests

yeah days played for sure, but that is not in real time, it may take about a month in RL

I made it to 60 in less than 9 days /played time before all the buffs, I would imagine it would be a lot shorter now. Tree and Baax seemed to make it to 60 within a couple weeks real time after the buffs to questing and exp 20-60. Again that is 3rd or 4th 60 char for those guys and they know where to quest, when to quest and where the quests are so its much easier than the first time around:)

I say take your time and enjoy your first char, dont get caught up in power levelling and get burned out. I tried to power level my first char and ended up hitting a wall with him and almost quit the game, then my wife wanted to play so I made a new rogue called Where to level with her and ended up having a lot of fun getting to 60 and found a great guild called Redeemed:)

Yeah...treechop was @ 70 in 10 /played days.

Certain classes are a heck of a lot easier to level too...my first toon, warr, took around 10 days...mage, 8 - way back before BC. In general, you should find it faster going with a pet. I can at least speak for my hunter which pretty much makes leveling cake considering that I can handle elites 2+ levels above me (drains a lot of my mana, but still..) currently. Trick with locks is chain fear & dot, then target another mob - 2 kills for largely the price of one.

You got a felguard now so levelling will be much faster, he can hold aggro on at least 3 mobs, send him in, dot em all up, lifetap then drain life and you can have little to no downtime.

I got Treechop to 70 and got LW and BS both to 375 in 10 days, 1 hour!

I only played him while he was rested.
I didn't spend any time working the AH, or messing around in IF.
I did almost all my farming for gold/mats on Treehouse.
I 2 boxed all the elite/group quests with Treebranch.
When i was leveling chop, i had branch right behind him, but not in party. Didn't steal any XP, when i was in trouble i'd pop a rejuv on chop, and it cut WAY down on the ganking. You just can't kill a resto druid.

I think they key is to play smart. Don't bother spending a bunch of time farming gold at low levels to level your profession. You make gold SO much faster at 70. don't spend a bunch of time/gold farming the AH for upgrade items. I'd only check the AH for gear every 3-4 levels.

The XP changes to the last patch made a big difference.

Also, be smart about rep. IE, when you turn 58, run ramps/furnace til you hit honored before you turn any quests in! you can turn quests in til exalted, but rep gains in ramps/BF only go through friendly. You'll save yourself a whole bunch of Shattered Halls runs later!

There is a mod called "Lightheaded" that is AMAZING for leveling. Brings wowhead data into the game. Saves tons of time looking stuff up on the web. Also grab "doublewide"

Think about how much work you have to do on a quest. Is it really worth the time you spend for the XP? IE, most quests in hellfire reward around 10K. Most mobs when you are rested give you about 1,100. I only do quests that fit into my normal grinding.

Hope that helps a little!

What tree said helps when you have a 70 already, for the first char just take your time and enjoy the game:)

Well, a 70, a second account, and a job that pays you for sitting around playing WoW all day. ;)

<ducks incoming fire>

What tree said helps when you have a 70 already, for the first char just take your time and enjoy the game:)

I have to agree with Where. My first 70 was a blast even though i put all my time into Mattiah now getting him to 70.

I also agree with Tree, to stock up on rested xp and running instances can give you 2-4 bars in one run of xp. Better than grinding the mobs to dust.

LoL, I'm already thinking toward my next 70. Mage I think....hmm....:confused:

Back