"I have returned."

Strife412

I'm back in game. I play at random times, but I'm here! Already back to spamming recruitment messages too, so expect some new faces again soon. ;)

Thank you sir. Here's blanks if you want to do anything with it. They're set at maximum size for CGA forum rules.

73166_1473870842984_1120057439_31091741_853531_n.jpg

74358_1473869802958_1120057439_31091740_7263519_n.jpg

Nice. Look forward to seeing you around bud. =) Hopefully I haven't been banned by Trine by then, or decided to join Tamat. ;)

I may not be staying. =\

Guys... video games are crushing my spiritual life. I don't think I can play and walk with God at the same time. When I'm playing games, all I can think about is getting back to it. When I try to study, I can't fully concentrate, because I'm thinking about how to gather bronze coins faster, or where I might find the top to the Halamel (however it's spelled) cloth armor set. Where do I get a replacement staff for Barjona? Should I trade his mercy staff for flash bow now, or wait 'til later? How long 'til I get the last two pieces for Doula's flame chain set?

Suffice to say folks... I'm going to have to go away again, until class is out. I can't play while class is in session, or I end up putting God on a back burner, and I cannot do that. Video games are for fun, not to be worshiped, and unfortunately, that's what I ALWAYS end up doing...

So... until Thanksgiving break, I'll see you guys later. =\

See? I started off saying, "No more video games" and ended with "See you over Thanksgiving break."

*sigh*

I dunno. He'll guide me in this. He probably is right now, pointing out my change in thought in a quick forum post...

Pray for you buddy :). He will lead you on the right path. Either way we are here to support you and your spiritual walk :). Stop in and say hello now and again in the forums and let us know how you are doing!

Life has to take priority. God must be first. I've found that I've been making a little more money to support my family and losing a little weight since I've been on "break."

btw, can I has your stuffs? :p j/k

I think I will allow myself to play on the weekends, but not the weekdays. That should really limit my time.

So... If anybody sees me playing Monday thru Thursday, yell at me, and tell me to get off the game. ;) Unless I'm only crafting... No... No, even then. Aaahrrrg!

I know what you mean about putting God first and playing the game. On my days off I'm quick to jump out of bed and run to the game. I say I'm just going to play for awhile then get to other things ... ... ... 9 hours later I'm say WOW where has the day gone. Oh well might as well stay and play it's prime time now.

God is very patient and meets us where we are at. He has given me a passion for gaming. It is one of the few things that I find in life that never seems to bore me. That being said I know I need to seek him first. Make him the first part of my day. He has been calling me lately to take walks with him in the parks or by the lake to get away from the distractions.

As far as gear goes .. I would not worry about gear. My 31 cleric still has some level 18 gear. Level till you hit 38 and can do Kromede's Trial. Do it and do the repeatable quests in the upper forts for AP. KT will give you blue gear till you get your pvp gear. Run lower forts and participate in shard wars for AP. Grab the level 30 PvP gear and your set to move to the 55 PvP gear.

At 46 you can do Dredge. My first run of the Dredge we won and I got 5400 something AP. In the shard war on Monday I racked in nearly 8000 AP.

-Zandaris

yeah Shawn you ate up my AP on Monday! I am kidding I did not mind at all just had fun playing with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Gear comes later and it comes when it does he he. I just play to fellowship with others you love jesus and love playing games :D

I was going for the flame chain set, because I liked the look of it on her. I've finished Doula's getup, and am even now in KT. I want to change Barjona's staff, because I want to turn it into a bow for Jega.

I strive to be the best member of a group that I can be. I learn the intricacies of each class, and how they interact within the group, and the environment. How best to heal and support a group as a cleric, how and when to pull in an environment as a templar, how to tank, offtank, and DPS as a glad, and how to pull in a given dungeon when tanking. I do the same thing with my other classes. I try to be the best of that class that I am able to be. I'm doing something right, because I have a huge friend list on Doula, and am often getting invites by them to heal their group. Somebody wants to try and duo FT with Doula! whew... That would take a while.

PvP, I'm not so much a fan of. I don't mind it, but I'm kind of a carebear. I like to take on what the environment has, and master every aspect of what I'm up against. I guess I'm just not so good at the on the fly adaptation that PvP requires. If anybody's up for dueling me a few times to help me learn, I'd appreciate it!

Doing a lot better on my time management these past couple weeks. Though nobody's told me to get off when I was on between Monday and Thursday. lol! But I've been getting my work done, and setting good priorities here lately. Don't feel bad about reminding me about priorities! It would be a great blessing in my life if you just said, "priorities!" As Xaris has once. =) But it was okay, it was a hobby class that I missed at REI, and not a college class.

Yeah, I'm out folks. I can't do this. MMOs must be stripped from my life. Maybe I'll see you guys on PS3 or something down the road. Account has been canceled.

Sorry. But I just can't. Conviction big time. I skipped classes today and played Aion instead. =( Terrible...

7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! 8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
-Matthew 18

What is a computer compared to an eye? I'm erasing everything, and reinstalling Vista on my desktop, and selling it. I'm done with myself on this. No more. I cannot allow myself to have this computer anymore.

It's been fun guys, and I hope to see you around someplace else maybe. Take care, and God bless you all!

I skipped classes today and played Aion instead.

As much as I don't want to see you go, I would need to agree. :(

On a different note:
Are you sure you should be selling the computer? Their more of a necessity then a commodity at this day in age. If still do decide to sell it, maybe replace it with a netbook? Those are internet and e-mail use only. They do not have enough power to play games. Well not counting the flash based browser stuff.

Whatever you choose, Lord Bless.
Nathan

I am proud of you and totally understand the decision! Will miss you and God bless you Buddy!

I already have a laptop that we bought for school. It's advanced enough to play games, but MMOs lag on it terribly, so I would only hate my time in game if this was all I had.

I'm not so bad with single player games. It's the MMOs that eat up my time, and make me dwell on things. I plan for future stuff, and schedule runs in my head. This is what I should be doing with real life instead of devoting it all to gaming. ToJ has a wonderful ministry of outreach to some people that would otherwise, never hear the Gospel. But quite honestly, I play more than I preach, and so I cannot say that playing the game is a way for me to glorify God. Instead, I'm playing the game, and ignoring Him.

So I still have my Dawn of War, StarCraft, Total Wars, and games like that. But Guild Wars, Warhammer, Aion, WoW... those disks are going into the garbage. Without an install disk, it takes longer to install a game!

If God's calling me to gaming for some reason or another, He'll let me know when it's time for me to do something with it. For now though, He's calling me to study, and walk with Him. Set Him as my goal, my love, my life. He is.

I love you guys, and hope to see you in some other ToJ stuff. Just can't do MMOs. I can't handle them.

Back